Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Reporting

tag
hollyanimal

Discover Reporting

Hi,

Does Discover report when the statement cuts? Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Reporting

They usually report within a couple days of the statement cutting, in my experience.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 7
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Discover also has a slightly unpleasant tendency to report mid-cycle.
Message 3 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@athensguy wrote:
Discover also has a slightly unpleasant tendency to report mid-cycle.

Nasty 8@$+@rd$!!!!!!  Smiley Mad   I hate that!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 7
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

My Discover closing date is the 9th. They report on the 9th or 10th.
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover has been a mixed bag for me.  My statement cuts the 20th and it updates on the 20th, but it then reports again on the 26th.  And it reports "current balance" on the 26th, not statement balance as of 20th.

So, I have to pay off the card by the 20th, then not use it till the 27th if I want a $0 balance reported.

I have called in and they have promised to do mid cycle CRA updates for my balance, but it never happens.

Message 6 of 7
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover has been a mixed bag for me.  My statement cuts the 20th and it updates on the 20th, but it then reports again on the 26th.  And it reports "current balance" on the 26th, not statement balance as of 20th.

So, I have to pay off the card by the 20th, then not use it till the 27th if I want a $0 balance reported.

I have called in and they have promised to do mid cycle CRA updates for my balance, but it never happens.

That's pretty strange.

In my case, the statement cuts on the 27th and reports that balance. It's one of my cards that I pay to $0 for the sake of the reporting. Occasionally there is a random update in the middle of the cycle. It's nothing regular like what you're seeing though.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.