cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover-Request CLI before statement date or after?

tag
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Discover-Request CLI before statement date or after?

My 6th statement is due to post in a day or two. I'm in the 6th month now and would like to push the luv button.  I'm wondering if I should wait until after the statement posts or if I should push it now.

I put a 500$ payment down a couple weeks ago to lower my UTL.  If I get an increase now before it's reported, my UTL will be even better, but I'm also wondering if I should wait until my statement posts to show my previous payment in hopes of getting a CLI.  Does that make sense?

Basically...does discover see my payment when it's submitted or only when the statement posts? I didn't want to apply for a CLI with a 900$ balance, so I was waiting until the statement shows my 500 payment. I'm new to CC's so I wasn't sure if payments SHOW when they are submitted, or only when the statement posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.