Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Requirements

tag
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

Discover Requirements

I was wondering if I had a chance of getting approved for a Discover Card.

My reports are CLEAN except for TWO medical collections from October of 2011.  I've attempted to PFD but haven't gotten any response yet (I gave them a month to respond), and the amount are $450 and $150.  So I can easily pay them. 

If I tried for a Discover, would I be able to explain these?

My Transunion doesn't report them, and my Experian only reports the larger collection, while Equifax reports both.

Thanks!

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Requirements

Discover either pulls EQ or TU. Since the amount is small a simple phone call should do the trick.

Message 2 of 5
Brandnick
New Contributor

This is a hard one

As discover pulls exquifax or transuion so it's hard because because 683 and 616 is not a great comfort level to app discover . Personally I would wait until you hear back with the PFD before apping 

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 3 of 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Brandnick wrote:

This is a hard one

As discover pulls exquifax or transuion so it's hard because because 683 and 616 is not a great comfort level to app discover . Personally I would wait until you hear back with the PFD before apping 

I agree with this.  Even if you did get approved it would likely be a small limit.  Work on getting those collections off and then make the jump.

Message 4 of 5
suzeeh
Established Member

I applied last week for a Discover which was approved with a $5,000 limit.  I have a judgment which I have not been able to settle from Chase Bank credit card from 6 years ago.  I explained to the representative about the situation and was still approved.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.