cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured: 2nd chance if you don't accept offer?

tag
gibeon
Established Contributor

Discover Secured: 2nd chance if you don't accept offer?

Sorry about the long title, but I tripped on a rake and fell right out of the garden this afternoon and landed on Discover It application.

They countered with a secured offer. I want the card, but don't quite have the cash on hand that I would like to put on it - and there is no adding later.

Has anyone not accepted the secured offer right away then received the offer with the rejection letter in the mail later? (I just need three more days past the current offer deadline. I have a budget to stick to, and don't want to get another hardpull in a week or so.)

Thanks,
Gib
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured: 2nd chance if you don't accept offer?

@gibeon wrote:
Sorry about the long title, but I tripped on a rake and fell right out of the garden this afternoon and landed on Discover It application.

They countered with a secured offer. I want the card, but don't quite have the cash on hand that I would like to put on it - and there is no adding later.

Has anyone not accepted the secured offer right away then received the offer with the rejection letter in the mail later? (I just need three more days past the current offer deadline. I have a budget to stick to, and don't want to get another hardpull in a week or so.)

Thanks,
Gib

This happened to me in November.  Applied for IT and was denied and given the secured counter-offer.  The pop up message said if I didn't have time to do it right away that it would remember the offer the next time I came back to it.  Well... it didn't remember!  So I ended up calling new accounts and they eventually found the offer and we completed it over the phone.  I believe the offer is kept for 10-14 days before it expires.  I called 2 days after the offer and they found it.  Just be prepared to offer them payment right away with a check over the phone for your security deposit.  It did seem like an eternity for me to actually get the card too.  From what I remember it took nearly 4 weeks to have it in hand.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.