Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Card 0% APR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Secured Card 0% APR

For those who have the secured card, I just went on chat and asked if they could apply the promo 0% APR.

Suprsingly they were able to apply it and will expire at the end of year and go back to the standard rate of 22.99%

Jump on that if you can!!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured Card 0% APR

Yay!! Thanks for this. I'm actually waiting for my card to arrive. I have a post lined up & ready to go once I receive it. Are you enjoying your card?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yay!! Thanks for this. I'm actually waiting for my card to arrive. I have a post lined up & ready to go once I receive it. Are you enjoying your card?

You're welcome. I have no complaints so far. I use it mostly for gas and food. Me and my boyfriend lives together so I added him as an authorized user and let him use it for gas only & food if we are together. I have $33.16 so far as cashback bonus and I got the card back in August. I started with the $250 deposit and have since added $500 more so you can definitely add more money on top of your initial deposit. They do have a max limit and I think she said around $2k but dont quote me wrong.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it. I've heard & read nothing but good things about Discover. I'm excited to get it!!! I don't think I can wait much longer lol
Message 4 of 11
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

Congrats! I just applied for the it and got denied for it but countered with the secured. I'm excited! It's actually way better than some of my unsecured, and better than my other secured cards. It has rewards, no annual fee, etc. Yay!
Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied today and was given the secured as a counter offer. I was hoping for it and jumped on it. I'm going to make my initial deposit tomorrow. I'll have to check out that 0% offer.

I am wondering, though, how easy is it to add more funds and raise your limit? I know the max limit is $2500 which I want to get to before it graduates. I heard if they want they can do a HP on your credit before they allow you to add more money. I don't know what conditions would make them do this. I plan to pretty much PIF every month.

Message 6 of 11
Strateegee

I actually just did this, I had $200 and just added $800 to my secured card. All you have to do is call and request the increase, they do a SP and the woman I spoke with said they really only check your payment history and as long as it's current you will get approved for the request. She reported to me it would take 8 days and In my case they took the money the next day from my bank account and on the 8th day it was available to use. Really simple process.

Message 7 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Just be aware of your revolving utilization.  It's easy to end up with high utilization on secured cards.  Short term high utilization geneally isn't an issue but prologned high utilization can lead to trouble.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strateegee wrote:

I actually just did this, I had $200 and just added $800 to my secured card. All you have to do is call and request the increase, they do a SP and the woman I spoke with said they really only check your payment history and as long as it's current you will get approved for the request. She reported to me it would take 8 days and In my case they took the money the next day from my bank account and on the 8th day it was available to use. Really simple process.

Thank you very much for the information! I started with $400 on mine. I am waiting for my card to arrive any day now. I plan on adding additional funds every other month until I am at the max amount. Have you had your card a long time?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's is no HP to add funds. Not sure who experienced that but I've never seen one done. I plan to add more when I get paid next week. I want to be at $2500 by the time it graduates next July ☺️
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.