Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Card - Additional Funds to Increase Limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Secured Card - Additional Funds to Increase Limit

Hi Guys,

I got approved for a Discover Secured Card for $300 on 1/11/2018

I am still waiting for my ch 7 bankruptcy discharge which should be on 2/16/18.

I am able to add additional funds to my secured card but i am concerned as to whether that can complicate graduation?

Has anyone had an issue with increasing the credit line and then having the card not graduate?

Like for example maybe Discover would be ok graduating me with $300 but not with $2500? Or does it not make a difference to them at all?

4 REPLIES 4
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover Secured Card - Additional Funds to Increase Limit

It makes no difference. You'll have a higher starting line upon graduation is all (unless they increase your credit line). 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got Discover secured with 550 TU FICO.

Maxed out deposit at $2500.

Graduated at 7 months + 1 day as expected.

Auto CLI at month 10 to $3500.

No excuse for not maxing out that deposit over your 28 weeks.  Eat ramen, send more cash to secure deposit every week.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome that’s what I wanted to hear. I was planning on adding $100 every paycheck until i get to $2500 but i was concerned it would reset the graduation timer or that they would take longer to unsecure a higher amount
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the same concern myself but there are at least two data points in 2017 showing no fears to be had.  max that deposit out to sure!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.