Discover Secured Card - Approval / Denial Data Points Thread

tag
devineer1
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Secured Card - Approval / Denial Data Points Thread

Date of Application  March 2015
Credit profile at the time of application high 500's

Any BK on file, if so how old and was Discover IIB No

Any Charge offs paid or unpaid and how old. Have list of baddies not sure the state at the time of app...

Past history with Discover None

Approved or denied, if denied what were the reasons and did you recon. Approved

I am but a work in progress, taking one day at a time, learning to be more patient. In the Garden as of 12/01/15

Equifax 569
Trans Union 607
Experian 588

Goal to be at or over 650
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of Application 1/20/16
Credit profile at the time of application 630 fico

Any BK on file, if so how old and was Discover IIB no

Any Charge offs paid or unpaid and how old. 7, 1 unpaid 6 years old all

Past history with Discover none

Approved or denied, if denied what were the reasons and did you recon. Denied "recent delinquency on CR"

Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of Application 1/2016
Credit profile at the time of application scored from 530-560

Any BK on file, if so how old and was Discover IIB no to both

Any Charge offs paid or unpaid and how old.2 charge offs. about 2 years old. 300 unpaid to midland and 125 paid

Past history with Discover none

Approved or denied, if denied what were the reasons and did you recon. approved and did a $200 limit

Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of Application  Jan. 25th 2016

Credit profile at the time of application  scores around 550-585

Any BK on file, if so how old and was Discover IIB   None

Any Charge offs paid or unpaid and how old.   3 Charge offs all settled about a year ago 5 30 lates 3 60 lates, auto loan 2 years perfect payments 

Past history with Discover  None

Approved or denied, if denied what were the reasons and did you recon.   Approved

Thanks!

Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of App- 02/16/2016

Credit profile- 1 collection, 2 co's, credit scores low-mid 500's. 1st card is at 13 months old, 2nd card is at less than 2 months old.

Any BK's on file- No

Any charge offs paid/unpaid and how old- 2 charge offs unpaid 1st is 8 months old, 2nd is 6.5 yrs old

Past history w/ Discover- No

Approved or Denied, if denied, what were the reasons and did you recon- Approved

Actually surprised I got approved less than an hour ago seeing as some recent posts I've read have people w/ higher credit scores getting turned away.

Message 15 of 37
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Date of Application = 8/4/15

1. Credit profile at the time of application = 1 collections, 1 charge offs, late payment on student loan all from early 2013, scores 680-705 with 8 inquiries

2. Any BK on file, if so how old and was Discover IIB = No also no.

3. Any Charge offs paid or unpaid and how old. = COs paid in full, the charge off was settled for less than full amount everything was in 2013 and the 120 late payment from student loan is reported to be paid and closed.

4. Past history with Discover = never

5. Approved or denied, if denied what were the reasons and did you recon. = Denied for regular it regarding question #1 and requested secured offer through email to the EO again denied.

You might try again and if they deny you for the unsecured ask to be considered for the secured card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 37
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

This was my fiance's info.

Date of Application-2/16/16
Credit profile at the time of application-Closed capital one card with one 30 day late from 3 years ago. Capital one platinum-3 months old. AU on Capital One Quicksilver (4 months old) and Discover it Secured (4 months old). Scores around 550-580?

Any BK on file, if so how old and was Discover IIB-NO

Any Charge offs paid or unpaid and how old.-yes. two charge offs from 6 years ago, unpaid. One chase CO from mid 2013 for 2500. Unpaid.

Past history with Discover-AU on Discover it secured for 4 months.

Approved or denied, if denied what were the reasons and did you recon.- Approved

Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Date: 2/16

Credit Profile: 600-620, 20 new accts (13 visa/mc, 7 store,) 20 total inq., 6 collection (6 yr old,) student loan lates but in rehab, AAoA: 2.5 yrs

BK: No

Collections: 6- all unpaid, about 9k total, all medical

Discover History: none

Approved: I think so??

It said Congratulations! You're card will be on its way after your deposit is cleared (something along those lines) Does that mean approval or still pending? Would I know right away if denied?

Message 18 of 37
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

App Date: 2/16

Credit Profile: 600-620, 20 new accts (13 visa/mc, 7 store,) 20 total inq., 6 collection (6 yr old,) student loan lates but in rehab, AAoA: 2.5 yrs

BK: No

Collections: 6- all unpaid, about 9k total, all medical

Discover History: none

Approved: I think so??

It said Congratulations! You're card will be on its way after your deposit is cleared (something along those lines) Does that mean approval or still pending? Would I know right away if denied?

Congrats you were approved. All that needs to happen is for your funds to clear your account.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! This will be my first secured card but figured it was worth it if it unsecures. I was however denied for a BofA secured card 2 months ago so it had me really hesitant to apply. 

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.