Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured the Big Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured the Big Question

Where's the "chat" function on the Discover site?  I see the option to send a secured message but no actual chat function.

Message 61 of 95
tschaet
Regular Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@tschaet wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@tschaet wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Do you have any other cards?

Yep!  Just learned how to put them into my signature.  I had a Platinum with CapitalOne that they changed into a Quicksilver and I have a GoRewards card from Navy Federal that they just increased from $1,700 to $10,000.  I haven't applied for any others.

You have good cards. How are their balances?

Discover is at 0, CapOne is at $500 (i'll be fully paying off Wednesday), and NavyFederal is at $300

Garden. I cannot stress this enough. I know you want cards and good scores but I think you will see some bumps if you give it just 6 months. I know its a lot but I can't tell you how much I regret my app spress when I was where you are. Time is your friend. Use them, keep the balances low and hit them up for CLI's when you can. 

Yeah, I'm good with cards for now.  I just had some inquiries drop off and would like my number lower and my average age higher.  I'm avoiding hard inquiries at all costs.  Unfortunately my other baddies won't fall off for another couple of years, so I'm trying to do the HIPAA letter thing and send out Goodwill letters like crazy.  

$1700$2000
5/2022 Credit Karma Scores:

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 62 of 95
tschaet
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Where's the "chat" function on the Discover site?  I see the option to send a secured message but no actual chat function.

It is right here.
  You will need to log in and then it should be on your right.  

$1700$2000

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 63 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious doesn't show up on mine anywhere -- disabled adblocked, tried both the "new style page" and the old one, nada.  Haven't had my first statement cut so many it's something that pops up after.

Message 64 of 95
tschaet
Regular Contributor

Honestly, I just had to google "Discover Livechat" and then it found their "contact" page and a list of various ways to reach them.  

$1700$2000

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 65 of 95
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Curious doesn't show up on mine anywhere -- disabled adblocked, tried both the "new style page" and the old one, nada.  Haven't had my first statement cut so many it's something that pops up after.

After you have logged in, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click Contact Us, chat ir on the right under the Contact Us options. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 66 of 95
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@tschaet wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@tschaet wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@tschaet wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Do you have any other cards?

Yep!  Just learned how to put them into my signature.  I had a Platinum with CapitalOne that they changed into a Quicksilver and I have a GoRewards card from Navy Federal that they just increased from $1,700 to $10,000.  I haven't applied for any others.

You have good cards. How are their balances?

Discover is at 0, CapOne is at $500 (i'll be fully paying off Wednesday), and NavyFederal is at $300

Garden. I cannot stress this enough. I know you want cards and good scores but I think you will see some bumps if you give it just 6 months. I know its a lot but I can't tell you how much I regret my app spress when I was where you are. Time is your friend. Use them, keep the balances low and hit them up for CLI's when you can. 

Yeah, I'm good with cards for now.  I just had some inquiries drop off and would like my number lower and my average age higher.  I'm avoiding hard inquiries at all costs.  Unfortunately my other baddies won't fall off for another couple of years, so I'm trying to do the HIPAA letter thing and send out Goodwill letters like crazy.  

You have a good plan. Stick to it and it will reward you hansomely. Too many folks get into this and get in a rush (I did) and this is the last place you want to rush. Errors take FOREVER to correct as you are well aware. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 67 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

It was the same day the new statement showed up online. I went to request a CLI and the page had changed from the secured message and toll free # to the one where it wants to know how much you make before it denies you. lol

I remember that! I checked mine to make sure it wasn't a fluke!

My statement cut Sunday night, but it still shows March 10-April 9 as current statement.

Sweating bullets.

Message 68 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Statement is online and no graduation for me. I think that weird score dip really screwed the pooch. Still no explanation for it. Terrible timing Smiley Sad Onto next month for me.

Message 69 of 95
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Statement is online and no graduation for me. I think that weird score dip really screwed the pooch. Still no explanation for it. Terrible timing Smiley Sad Onto next month for me.

1 more month is better than 12 more. Keep you rhead up, it will happen in due time. Work on your score and the card will fall in line. Have you asked them or tried the CLI link to see if it has changed?

Updated 1-25-18
Message 70 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.