Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Secured!

Hello, just wanted to share my experience with applying for this card! Applied for the student card, was denied (as expected) and immediately offered the secured version. Accepted offer immediately on 8/20. $500 deposit was withdrawn from my bank account on 8/24 (the Monday after the weekend) and I received my welcome email 8/29! Super excited! I called discover and they provided me with a tracking number, as the card arrives via USPS. I have no idea what color it will be...I can't remember selecting one. The rep also advised once I finish school I don't need to do anything to concert the card. My scores range from 505-532. I am trying to build credit, and clear up baddies so I plan on keeping utilization down and paying my balance off each month. Good luck to anyone else out there looking for info on the app process!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured!

Congrats! Whoohooo!

I had to recon my discover it, myself...but I'm glad I made the call. They pulled my EX when I applied, and it's the only bureau that still has my defaulted (but paid) student loans. When I called back, they pulled my EQ (which is now clean). Two pulls, but it got me in the door!

Congrats again. Treat them well. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! And congrats yourself! 😊
Message 3 of 7
LadyVee
Regular Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Discover It family.

Starting Score: 485 (CK TU)
Current Score: 698 (TU FICO); 685 (EX FICO) 687 (EQ FICO)
Goal Scores: 750 (TU FICO); 750 (EX FICO); 750 (EQ FICO)

Current Cards:
AMEX Gold: NPSL, AMEX BCE: 1000, BARCLAY APPLE: 2000, CITI DC: 2250, CHASE CSP: 7400, CAP1 SAVOR: 12000, CAP1 VENTURE: 10000, CAP1 QS: 6500, CAP1 QS1: 3300,
DISC IT: 1400, MERRICK: 2200, PAYPAL CREDIT: 3000,
US BANK CASH+: 5000, WALMART: 5000, TARGET MC: 4000, ANN TAYLOR: 6000, VS: 6000, EXPRESS: 5000, NY&CO: 4000, SMILE GEN: 1500
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!
Message 5 of 7
adifferentme
Contributor

I would like to share my experience with applying for this card also. I currently have Very low scores. Tu 490 eq 504, I have on fingerhut charge off for $1,263 less than a yr old, one credit union charge off of $370 which is 3 years old. Also have 26 inquiries ex, 17 inquiries tu.... 22 unpaid collection accts. 7 new collection accts in the last 6 mos. All medical. I am currently working full time & attending school for nursing. I have a us harley davidson secured $300 3 years perfect payment history, a co secured $200 secured was increased by co to $500, a credit builder loan from my credit union for $500 all reporting perfect paymeny history no lates. I WAS APPROVED for the discover it chrome student card just now , submited deposit information and just waiting for card. I called and verified my date of birth and the rep. Whom I spoke with was extremely nice. He told me that that was all the verification I needed. And as soon as my funds were recieved I would recieve my card. I am so glad Discover is giving me a chance at rebuilding. I have learned alot from this site and have made a plan to pay off my collections and continue my perfect payment history and get my scores up and hopefully within 2 or 3 years be done with these secured cards. Thank you everyone in this rebuilding community, your information helps alot.
Message 6 of 7
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Wow! Fantastic card + rewards for a secured card.  Congrats!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.