Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover, Slate, Simplicity... Best w/ freq BT Offers

tag
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Discover, Slate, Simplicity... Best w/ freq BT Offers

I'm looking for a Perm Card to strictly use as a BT card every so often. 

Which of the 3 are the best at Frequent BT offers, or are the easist to obtain from.

I know Discover is pretty good good with sending 0% offers with 3% BT fee pretty frequently, I've taken up 2 0% BT on Discover over the lifetime of me having the Card which is now 5 1/2 years. I have another offer right now available to me, so that would be 3 in my lifetime with Discover, that's pretty good... They've all been 12 mos @ 0% / 3% Fees. 

I'm wondering if the Slate and/or Simplicity work the somewhat the same after the Intro BT period is over... My thinking was since they're primarily BT cards and nothing else, does Chase and Citi re-offer 0% BTs every so often on these cards, to keep them useful to those that have them. Otherwise they're pretty much one-time use "Disposable Cards"  once the intro BT period runs out (hopefully you're paid off) then the Card has no use other than being a UTL supressor like my OCCU is now.... Did a 6K BT  to it, just finished paying it off in May, and now I have a 20K limit that does nothing for me other than keep my UTL low. 

My point in this quest is, I'm tired of applying for new TL when I need/want to do a 0% BT. Would like a card that 0% offers Spring up frequently or are easily requestable every so-often. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Discover, Slate, Simplicity... Best w/ freq BT Offers

My Discover IT card has what seems to be permanent offers for 0% BT for 12 months 3% BT fee.  I used it for a few of my cards, its been great so far. 

Message 2 of 9
dave024
New Contributor

I don't know about the Slate card specifically, but Chase has been good at giving me balance transfer offers on my Freedom card. I've had the card for over a decade, but have recently used three 0% balance transfers in the past year (a few small ones in the past as well). I don't have one available anymore though, but I'm at about 80% of my limit with those three offers currently.

Message 3 of 9
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@dave024 wrote:

I don't know about the Slate card specifically, but Chase has been good at giving me balance transfer offers on my Freedom card. I've had the card for over a decade, but have recently used three 0% balance transfers in the past year (a few small ones in the past as well). I don't have one available anymore though, but I'm at about 80% of my limit with those three offers currently.

What was your transfer fee?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 4 of 9
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Try Coastal FCU's Big Ticket Card.   6 Months at 0% interest for any purchase or BT over $600.  No BT fee.  No deferred interest during the 6 months.  But the normal rate is 18%.

https://www.coastal24.com/visa/big-ticket-card.html

Message 5 of 9
dave024
New Contributor

BluePoodle wrote: What was your transfer fee?

In my case the balance transfer fee for my Freedom card was 3%. The Slate card typically is advertised with the 0% transfer fee promotion, but I'm not sure if they offer that for existing customers. For two of the transfers I used a courtesy check to get the money into my bank account, and then immediately paid down my Chase Freedom card that had a high balance with 27% interest.

Discover has also consistently offered me a 0% transfer for 12 months with a 3% transfer fee. I have only used it one time though. I will probably use another one as my Chase transfer promotions start expiring.

Message 6 of 9
IWOL
Established Contributor

Im not sure about the frequency but my B of A Cash Rewards card as well as Fidelity AMEX have been sending offers for balance transfers with a 3% fee, 0% interest until December 2015, so 16 months or they offer you 1.99% until December 2016.

Ive been getting the same offer above from B of A and FIA on the Fidelity consistently over the last 6 months. They send you BT checks or you can do it online.

Message 7 of 9
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@dave024 wrote:

BluePoodle wrote: What was your transfer fee?

In my case the balance transfer fee for my Freedom card was 3%. The Slate card typically is advertised with the 0% transfer fee promotion, but I'm not sure if they offer that for existing customers. For two of the transfers I used a courtesy check to get the money into my bank account, and then immediately paid down my Chase Freedom card that had a high balance with 27% interest.

Discover has also consistently offered me a 0% transfer for 12 months with a 3% transfer fee. I have only used it one time though. I will probably use another one as my Chase transfer promotions start expiring.

I'm going to go out on a limb here an guess "NO" the 0% BT Fee is strictly for new accounts... That would be too good of a deal, Chase would undiputably have the BT card on the Market by far, if Current Slate Holder were routinely offered 0% interest period and 0% Fee.. That would be my Dream BT card. 

Message 8 of 9
fot1
Established Contributor

Look at  Barclays ring..No BT fees, no annual fee and something like %8 apr

Too many to list..
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.