Frequent Contributor
shyboy

Discover Student Open road Card?

[ Edited ]
hello i have two question about this card/application

1)i was wondering how hard it is to get approve for this card. I looked at who gave me
credit but didn't find anything.

2)On their application, i see that they don't ask for any income just your name, SSN,
address and school information, whats up with that?

Their office is currently close so i will give them a cal call tomorrow to find out as well.

Message Edited by shyboy on 06-23-2008 11:18 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Discover Student Open road Card?

They don't ask for income, because you're a starving student.

DD#2 got one from one of those free-water-bottle-for-an-app tables during summer orientation, when she had no credit history at all, zero. (This was 2 years ago.)

So they don't, or didn't, seem to mind lack of history, but I don't know how they are with history with problems.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
shyboy

[ Edited ]
oh ok.

Do you think i should apply.

Right now i currently have 1 1/2 years of credit history, 60% utilizations. I was never late on any accounts and never over my like. do you think i have a chance.

Balance / Limit
Cap1- 1845 / 2500 Still open
peachdirect- 1139 / 2000 Close
wamu- 0 / 500 Still open
Jc Penny- 0 / 300 Still open
Credit 1 Bank- 181 / 350 Still open
Personal loan- 843 / 1000 Still open

Message Edited by shyboy on 06-24-2008 07:21 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Frequent Contributor
shyboy

Thank you. Right now so afraid to apply for anything. LOL
So i just keep righting i guest
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

My GF got approved for the Student More card with no history at all whatsoever. If I were you since you say you have no baddies I would give it a shot.
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor
shyboy

Does anyone knows who they pull.
I live & go to school in NY
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

shyboy wrote:
Does anyone knows who they pull.
I live & go to school in NY

Discover is a bit of a wild card. They pulled TU on me in VA this month. Sometimes they pull EX though.
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor
shyboy

thank you
I might give them a call to find somethings out.
Frequent Contributor
shyboy

earlier today, i apply over the phone for there student open card but was denial but was offered the hsbc direct merchant card. Should i send a recon

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+