Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Vs. AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Vs. AMEX

@Cory wrote:

I'm kinda starting to like more of my Discover More Card rather the American Express Zync card for my personal finances. I have learned what's best in my situation, that with the Discover More Card I can get cash over my purchase at the register. This is after I'm done shopping for a ton of grocery. I'm kinda bored of the AMEX Zync card already, and futhermore confused as to why I have not received any member rewards points yet.

Maybe the AMEX Zync card has a certain spending criteria to receive points? I don't know. I thought any type of purchase, candy or shoes will reward me points. I've had the card since July. Does that make a difference?

Cory,

Membership rewards points can take 3-6 months to post to your account, as per AMEX.  Just be patient, the points will show up on your online portal soon.  Also, if you're bored of the Zync and do lots of grocery shopping, have you considered adding the GREEN pack to the card?  The Green pack will give you 2X MRE points for "Green" merchants, which includes loads of grocery stores including: Down to Earth, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and a variety of smaller, local health grocers.  There's no additional annual fee for this pack.

My only beef with Discover More is acceptability (worse than AMEX) and the fact that the 5% cash back categories rotate often into useless selections (i.e. not used everyday: Travel, fashion, theme parks, movie theaters?).  I'd rather have a card that has FIXED bonus cashback/bonus points in categories we use all the time, like groceries, restaurants, and gasoline.  The AMEX Costco TrueEarnings or Zync (modified with packs) are two cards that can do this.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.