cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Zip and AMEX ExpressPay - Visa? MC?

tag
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

Discover Zip and AMEX ExpressPay - Visa? MC?

I know that there has to be Visas and Mastercards with these type of chips* included.  Does anyone know who offers these for Visa or MC?

*Preemptively mentioning the potential security concern over these things being scanned by electronic pickpockets, but as a general rule anyone other than security staff waving anything around your rear end, as a general rule, should get a butt whooping.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Zip and AMEX ExpressPay - Visa? MC?

Wells Fargo offers Visa payWave on its CC besides secured CC.

Message 2 of 10
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Random assortment that I'm aware of:

Bank of America.

Citibank.

CitiCards.

Chase.

U.S. Bank.

Wells Fargo.

HSBC.

KeyBank.

Union Bank.

I know there's more.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Best Buy Reward Zone MC has this feature, but only for the Platinum. (MC calls it PayPass.)
Message 4 of 10
jobber123rd
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
The Best Buy Reward Zone MC has this feature, but only for the Platinum. (MC calls it PayPass.)

I have PayPass on my Gold BBRZ MC.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jobber123rd wrote:

I have PayPass on my Gold BBRZ MC.

Really? My mother's Gold doesn't. I remember being so surprised that they were treating PayPass as some sork of perk. Ah well....

Message 6 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Personally, I find these RFID chips have no advantage vs magnetic strip. You at most only save two seconds when using RFID.

Message 7 of 10
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Personally, I find these RFID chips have no advantage vs magnetic strip. You at most only save two seconds when using RFID.

Where the scanners are available, I find them more reliable than the magnetic strip.  Please swipe again, wrapping the card in a plastic bag... I like the versatility of having both when I can.

Message 8 of 10
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I have the best buy rewardzone mastercard gold and it has it too my dad has the platinum from 6 years ago and it doesnt have it your mother's card must be older like my fathers's. My Amex Zync also has the amex expresspay.

amazon
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have it on my two visas. (chase and wells)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.