Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover- a keeper? CLI's keep coming

Keeper.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback.  I checked that balance transfer offer link and have one as well (0% for 12 months with 3% fee).  I don't need it but there it is.  I'll know where to check next time.  Thanks.  As my credit  line grows it will may be useful at some point.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was one of my favorite cards before the double cash promo. I think it's a keeper. But, that depends on if you'll use the 5% categories and what other cards you have.

Message 13 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

Definitely a keeper with the bt offers,rotating categories,no af and sp clis. Discover will always be a part of my arsenal. Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover will be a card I keep until I'm dead. They gave me a shot when i was rebuilding my credit (650 or so after burning Amex in College). Started me out at a couple grand.

Now, I'm at over 16k with them. Fantastic customer service and benefits.
Message 15 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A keeper?

That's for each to determine based on the individual's needs/wants just as it is with any card.

Limits are not just about the creditor/card.  That's just part of the consideration.  One's credit profile and income will determine the limits and CLI's that one qualifies for.

You cannot simply assume that getting CLI's with X means that everyone would get CLI's.  CLI's are also not the only criterion that everyone has with cards.  There are many potential considerations.

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the great post. I had no idea there was a "0% APR/4.99% no fee" balance transfer section and I think there might be quite a few others who read your post who don't know about it either. It looks like it could be quite useful.

Those are targeted offers which are offered with other cards as well.

Message 16 of 17
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

CLI-wise, it's a keeper. Over a little more than 2.5 years, it grew from $750 to $25k.

Only the first CLI was a HP that took me to $2k. After that, it was either auto or SP CLI.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.