Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover account review :(

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover account review :(

Just got off the phone with them. No change to my CL! Thank God.

It came up for review because of inq's and new accounts....I was just totally honest, said I opened a lot of cards about a year ago when I first started rebuilding, really for no reason but because I was pretty new to credit and excited for approvals, but that they were mostly store cards, and since then I improved my credit and recently was approved for better cards like Chase, so I took the good offers and closed a bunch that I don't need. He updated my employment info (got a new job since) and income (higher than when I was approved anyway) and said he would leave my limit where it is. Whew!

Message 11 of 15
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@new_earth wrote:

Just got off the phone with them. No change to my CL! Thank God.

It came up for review because of inq's and new accounts....I was just totally honest, said I opened a lot of cards about a year ago when I first started rebuilding, really for no reason but because I was pretty new to credit and excited for approvals, but that they were mostly store cards, and since then I improved my credit and recently was approved for better cards like Chase, so I took the good offers and closed a bunch that I don't need. He updated my employment info (got a new job since) and income (higher than when I was approved anyway) and said he would leave my limit where it is. Whew!

Well good for you.  Most of the time most of these companies just want a reasonable explanation to their questions, and you gave it to them.

Congrats on passing the smell test and keeping everything the same.

Just be careful with obtaining any new credit for a while.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 12 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

new earth,

Don't call! I did that. They told me they need HP for CLI. They almost asked 4506T. It was pleasant. I didn't carry any balance.

Ron.

Message 13 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Ron,

I wasn't trying for a CLI. My account got flagged for review and they were considering a CLD. Fortunately they changed their minds and it stays the same.

Message 14 of 15
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Glad it worked out well for you.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.