Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover & Barclay TU model?

tag
H4LO
Established Contributor

Discover & Barclay TU model?

Does anyone know what model both Discover and Barclay's are using? 

On my Discover card it has a score dated 1/5/14, it shows 723. 

On my Barclay card it has a score dated 1/15/14, it shows 745.

Wouldn't a 22 point jump be some what of a dramatic increase in such a short period of time? 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover & Barclay TU model?

Discover is a FICO 08 model (its not the bankcard enhanced version as the score only goes to 850, BC enhanced goes to 900). Dont have a Barclays.

Message 2 of 9
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

It is my understanding that:

Walmart = Discover = Barclay

(all are TU08)

Message 3 of 9
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

Does anyone know what model both Discover and Barclay's are using? 

On my Discover card it has a score dated 1/5/14, it shows 723. 

On my Barclay card it has a score dated 1/15/14, it shows 745.

Wouldn't a 22 point jump be some what of a dramatic increase in such a short period of time? 

That is very odd.

I don't have Barclay's but have Discover and Walmart. I thought all three were the same as well.

I'm pretty sure Barclay's would use TU 08 Classic because their rep told me during recon that they use TU 08 for applications.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 4 of 9
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

Perhaps a change in reported balance between the report pulled on date1 vs date2?

Could be a statement or two was cut with/without balances, and would therefore change the util (as per reports)

Message 5 of 9
H4LO
Established Contributor

@xerostatus wrote:

Perhaps a change in reported balance between the report pulled on date1 vs date2?

Could be a statement or two was cut with/without balances, and would therefore change the util (as per reports)

This might be the case. 4-5 cards reduced & or no balance reported.

Might be the 22 point increase. Just wasn't thinking it'd be THAT much! 

Message 6 of 9
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

@xerostatus wrote:

I thought your OP said the scores were dated on the same day? Are you refering to the statement date on which you gained access to your scores or are you referring to the date on which your scores were calculated? If it's the latter, new balance reporting doesn't make sense.

[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 7 of 9
H4LO
Established Contributor

@kkapdolee wrote:

@H4LO wrote:

@xerostatus wrote:

I thought your OP said the scores were dated on the same day? Are you refering to the statement date on which you gained access to your scores or are you referring to the date on which your scores were calculated? If it's the latter, new balance reporting doesn't make sense.

Scores pulled are dated 10 days apart. 5th of Jan and 10th of Jan.

4-5 cards statements posted with either no balance or reduced balance in that time. So it looks like that might have helped a lot! 

Message 8 of 9
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

@kkapdolee wrote:

@H4LO wrote:

@xerostatus wrote:

Scores pulled are dated 10 days apart. 5th of Jan and 10th of Jan.

4-5 cards statements posted with either no balance or reduced balance in that time. So it looks like that might have helped a lot! 

Oh then why didn't you say so on the OP? That's it then. Of course same credit scores can differ on different dates.. 22 points is not a lot.

[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.