Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and 5% Best Buy Discover Deals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover and 5% Best Buy Discover Deals

I'm planning on getting DW a Samsung Galaxy Tab A for Christmas this year.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/compare?skus=4996036&url=%2Fsite%2Fsamsung-brand-store-best-buy%2Fsamsun...

I was looking at the Discover Deals to pay for this tablet, however I'm not sure if the Samsung Tab A is exempt. Here's the disclaimer and tell me what you think:

EXCEPTIONS: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, laptops, desktops, hard drives, Geek Squad services, digital downloads, long distance, TV & internet service provider sales or mobile plans, gift certificate purchases, shipping, taxes & fees

Does Discover consider the Tablets to be grouped in with "laptops, desktops"?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover and 5% Best Buy Discover Deals

do you have apple pay?
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
do you have apple pay?

I'm a diehard Android/Google all the way. The only apple I like is the kind that grow on trees Smiley Happy

Seriously, should I call Discover for clarification?

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would call because they have good info on what is excluded. also, good luck with that android game lol.
Message 4 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'd just call and confirm. I suspect that unfortunately the tablet may well be excluded, but you never know until you ask.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I'd just call and confirm. I suspect that unfortunately the tablet may well be excluded, but you never know until you ask.

I was thinking the same as you....I just got off the phone with Discover tonight and she placed me on hold and came back on the line a couple of minutes later to tell me that the "tablets" are not excluded like the laptops and desktops. So, if I do purchase the Tab for DW, I'll probably use the Discover since it will actually be another 5% next year.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/compare?skus=4996036&url=%2Fsite%2Fsamsung-brand-store-best-buy%2Fsamsung-galaxy-tablets%2Fpcmcat374700050012.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat374700050012&productString=1219645630551#tabbed-customerreviews

I was looking at the Discover Deals to pay for this tablet, however I'm not sure if the Samsung Tab A is exempt. Here's the disclaimer and tell me what you think:

EXCEPTIONS: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, laptops, desktops, hard drives, Geek Squad services, digital downloads, long distance, TV & internet service provider sales or mobile plans, gift certificate purchases, shipping, taxes & fees

It's only 264.99 at sears.

http://m.sears.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-9.7inch-tablet-w-16gb/p-00311892000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&gclid=CjwKEAiAgvyxBRDmuviAj67g-XQSJABTLMcHARrasZvWH-EmwGT0ye9jhXc1SZqI7nn07CydIFzJqhoCbmvw_wcB

Sears count as department store to discover and its 5%-10% back this quarter.

That tablet will cost $238.49-251.74

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also looked at this tablet for My DH's Christmas present.  I really like it and Microsoft Office is pre-loaded on it.  

If you buy it at Best Buy, keep an eye out for Target's weekly ad. Best Buy will do a price match.  Discover also has a price protection benefit - if you find a lower price in the first 90 days, they will refund the difference up to $500.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/compare?skus=4996036&url=%2Fsite%2Fsamsung-brand-store-best-buy%2Fsamsung-galaxy-tablets%2Fpcmcat374700050012.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat374700050012&productString=1219645630551#tabbed-customerreviews

It's only 264.99 at sears.

http://m.sears.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-9.7inch-tablet-w-16gb/p-00311892000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&gclid=CjwKEAiAgvyxBRDmuviAj67g-XQSJABTLMcHARrasZvWH-EmwGT0ye9jhXc1SZqI7nn07CydIFzJqhoCbmvw_wcB

Sears count as department store to discover and its 5%-10% back this quarter.

That tablet will cost $238.49-251.74

This is good to know. I never even think of Sears at all whenever I think of computers or electronics. They are the first card I ever got back around 1977 and been years since I was in one. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: I just went back to the Best Buy site - it was $30 off and now back to the $299 price! So, I will keep an eye out before making a purchase. I'm thinking I'll hold out for a Black Friday online deal.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have also looked at this tablet for My DH's Christmas present.  I really like it and Microsoft Office is pre-loaded on it.  

If you buy it at Best Buy, keep an eye out for Target's weekly ad. Best Buy will do a price match.  Discover also has a price protection benefit - if you find a lower price in the first 90 days, they will refund the difference up to $500.

Well, it is nice to use Discover because of the price protection benefit as I'm sure once I buy the Galaxy Tab somehow it will get lowered after Christmas is over. I also think it's great that MS Office is pre-loaded too along with the latest Android Lollipop.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.