Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and Amex

tag
Guyx79
Established Member

Discover and Amex

Hi every1 i been using myfico website for almost 2 years now.  Credit scores in the 650-700.  I have 2 lates on my report dating within 2 years.  Income is about 30000.  So i decide to apply for Discover and Amex to try to see what happen.

Discover Card deny me but approve for a HSBC discover card? i decline that card

Amex approve me.......(yes im in shock too)  say i will recieve card in mail so i can activated it ( no clue on credit limit )

Just wanted to say if your credit history clean, good thing can happen....

Now i just needed to figure out whether i should activated this card....i better finish reading the fine print on this Amex card.  Wish me Luck

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover and Amex

Good luck, Guyx79!

Let us know what happens!

Message 2 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats! You should still work on getting the Discover card in the future.  It really is a great card to have in your portfolio. You did right to decline the HSBC Discover card. 
Message 3 of 6
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

What kind of AMEX did you get?
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 4 of 6
Guyx79
Established Member

The green one. I believe tat is the standard one.  AMEX preferred reward green card.  Is tat a good card btw anyone know lol.. Its say it wavied the first annual fee (95 dollar)  and give point.  Anyone ever have problem with them?
Message 5 of 6
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@Guyx79 wrote:
The green one. I believe tat is the standard one.  AMEX preferred reward green card.  Is tat a good card btw anyone know lol.. Its say it wavied the first annual fee (95 dollar)  and give point.  Anyone ever have problem with them?
You won't have a limit, then. Green, Gold, Platinum, Black, and Zync from American Express are all charge cards, thus, they do not have a "pre-set" spending limit.
They do have an "exposure limit," however, which is essentially their limit. They won't officially tell you what it is, however. You can call in and ask if a charge of x amount would be approved, however.
And I haven't had any issues with American Express. I've been very happy with their service, thus far.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.