cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover (and BoA) not reporting AU to credit bureaus?

tag
h4ldol
Contributor

Discover (and BoA) not reporting AU to credit bureaus?

I searched but found conflicting reports and nothing very recent.  

I checked my wife's CR today on MyFico.  Both EQ and TU were excellent (790 and 797) but we noticed that even though she has been an AU on my Discover account since around 2008, it does not show up on either EQ or TU.  We haven't checked EX yet, but it was kind of surprising.  

She is also an AU on my AMEX Gold account since 2008, as well as on my new Citi account from 2/2012.  Both of those show up on her CRs.  

However, I added her as an AU on my new BoA Cash Rewards Signature Visa that I opened in 2/2012 but that also doesn't show up.  That could be a delay (although it shows up on my CR since last month) possibly, but the Discover obviously can't be.

So does Discover generally not report AU to the bureaus, and will we likely be able to get them to report it if we call in and ask them to?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover (and BoA) not reporting AU to credit bureaus?

@h4ldol wrote:

I searched but found conflicting reports and nothing very recent.  

I checked my wife's CR today on MyFico.  Both EQ and TU were excellent (790 and 797) but we noticed that even though she has been an AU on my Discover account since around 2008, it does not show up on either EQ or TU.  We haven't checked EX yet, but it was kind of surprising.  

She is also an AU on my AMEX Gold account since 2008, as well as on my new Citi account from 2/2012.  Both of those show up on her CRs.  

However, I added her as an AU on my new BoA Cash Rewards Signature Visa that I opened in 2/2012 but that also doesn't show up.  That could be a delay (although it shows up on my CR since last month) possibly, but the Discover obviously can't be.

So does Discover generally not report AU to the bureaus, and will we likely be able to get them to report it if we call in and ask them to?

They did for me and it's been several years since I added the AU's but I believe Discover still reports AU's.

Message 2 of 8
h4ldol
Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

They did for me and it's been several years since I added the AU's but I believe Discover still reports AU's.

Thanks, I guess I'll call Discover to see if they can address the non-reporting AU status.

Message 3 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@h4ldol wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Thanks, I guess I'll call Discover to see if they can address the non-reporting AU status.

Is your DW's AAoA good? I think adding too many new CC's to here file may ding her AAoA if it isn't already good.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 8
h4ldol
Contributor

LS2982 wrote:

Is your DW's AAoA good? I think adding too many new CC's to here file may ding her AAoA if it isn't already good.

What does "DW" stand for btw?  That's a good point though, since my wife's credit history is shorter so that it could cause problems if Discover didn't backdate her AU status if/when they start to report it to the CRAs.

Message 5 of 8
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

DW is darling wife or dear wife.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 6 of 8
h4ldol
Contributor

Thanks, I learn something new here everyday.

Message 7 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@h4ldol wrote:

Thanks, I learn something new here everyday.

Smiley Very HappyIt took me awhile to figure that one out myself, I tohught it meant "Divorced Wife" Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.