Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and Chase APRs

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover and Chase APRs

Interesting, I've really wanted to cut down to 4 cards.  (From the 5 I have), as I think two in use, two "backups" is the perfect combination, but others tell me not to cut this card, so I suppose I'll let it rot in the sockdrawer...

Either way, I can't ever see this card being used again.  Would it really kill me to cut it?  Then I'd be left with a nice thin profile

Daily use

BankAmericard 1-2-3:  5k/10.99 - 6/10

Discover More:  2.5k/12.99 - 1/11

Backup

Citi Dividend:  6k/14.24 - 6/10

Amex BCE:  2k/19.24 - 9/11

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 11 of 18
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Since you already went to the trouble to communicate with the executive office and they used "The Computer" as their excuse not to change anything, you might want to consider cutting up the card and mailing it back with a record of your correspondence with them, along with a printout of the little list in the above post, complete with APRs, and tell them that they lost your business because they did not compete with their competitors.

They may not care; then again, it may grab someone's attention.  I'm a little vengeful that way.  When I feel I've been wronged, most often I let it go in a mature manner, but sometimes I like to politely and pointedly point it out to someone that I'm walking out their door, and why.

Established Contributor

just my curiosity, why couldn't you upgrade to a signature version?

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Guava wrote:

One executive said it would "change the terms too much", and today's rep gave me the law/13 month thing.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 14 of 18
smc733
Valued Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Since you already went to the trouble to communicate with the executive office and they used "The Computer" as their excuse not to change anything, you might want to consider cutting up the card and mailing it back with a record of your correspondence with them, along with a printout of the little list in the above post, complete with APRs, and tell them that they lost your business because they did not compete with their competitors.

They may not care; then again, it may grab someone's attention.  I'm a little vengeful that way.  When I feel I've been wronged, most often I let it go in a mature manner, but sometimes I like to politely and pointedly point it out to someone that I'm walking out their door, and why.

I may try that, and I will state "I will not be closing the account, but the card is cut up because that is all the use it will see".

Message 15 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

chase is getting the sockdrawer treatment here too Smiley Mad

@Anonymous freedom is currently my lowest APR @ 17.99%

Message 16 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

My discover is still at 0% until September of next year i believe then 21.99 APR after that.

Message 17 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

@Guava wrote:

One executive said it would "change the terms too much", and today's rep gave me the law/13 month thing.

Would the Signature version also not report your CL?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.