Valued Member
jkfaria

Discover and PayPal BC

A good week for me.

I apped for Discover in the hopes that once denied I'd be offered the HSBC DiscoverI did indeed receive the denial letter with an 'alternative offer'.  S I called and after a few questions, the CSR said " I can approve you today foe our Discover Open Road,($1000CL) would you like to accept this offer?"   To which I replied, "Why, Yes, please!"

This is pretty unbelievable since Discover is VERY conservative, and my scores are so-so at best (640-667).

And yesterday, I logged in to my PayPal account and GEMB had restored my CL to the original amount of $300!   (Earlier this year, it had been reduced to $160 for unknown reasons.) 

I realize to alot of folks these are 'toy' limits, but I'm pretty happy with my progress...

EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Established Member
ArchEagleJ

Re: Discover and PayPal BC

Well I think those "Toy Limits" are pretty awesome!   You gotta get through the toy limits to get to the bigger ones, and I'm right there with you.  Congratulations!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/25/09 -- EQ 651 ; TU 634 ; EX: ??

2/22/10 -- EQ 652; TU 657; Ex: ??
Shootin' for 700!!!
Valued Member
jkfaria

Thanks, man.  Frankly, I'm not unhappy with my limits at all.  It keeps me in line, so to speak.

Years ago when I had A++ credit and awesome limits, I used and abused my privileges.  I was a single Mom and Homeowner, both Mom and man of the house, and I got in some deep debt and ended up selling my home and eventually in bankruptcy.

It's been am arduous journey, but I have much more knowledge and respect for my finances now.  So no sir, I ain't complaining!!

EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Valued Member
jimmytftw35

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Congratulations! It is a long road back from a BK and it is a trip you must complete one step at a time. Be patient, pay everything on time and keep your head up. My OP completed a BK and now has 800ish FICO's and pretty much anything she wants creditwise. You will get there, too!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}