Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and Penfed or Citi Costco

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover and Penfed or Citi Costco

Hi, I just get the Chase CSP (with 8k) and I would like to get another 2 cards/

I am thinking about the Discover (I have the pre-approved in mail and on the website),  the Penfed Rewards (I have found the amazing thread about the penfed thanks to Myfico)  or the Citi Costco (pre-approvate by mail and website)

I should apped in the same day for 2 of these cards ?  on EQ I have 5 total inquires:  3 dated 12/2015 , 1 dated 06/2016   , 1  dated 10/2016 (paypal credit), 

In the last 6 months I have opened  only the Chase CSP (is not yet reported),

my Chase Freedom with 10.5k is highest credit line , I should wait the CSP on the report or is better  to apply now ?

Score is around 710 (util 22%, oldest account 14 months, income 120k)

thanks...

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover and Penfed or Citi Costco

I am thinking to try Penfed and then Discover with the pre-approval code found in the mailer , I dont know if this could help for discovery,

also is better to app for both  the same day ?. 

Message 2 of 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

When I got Discover they pulled EX but, some others here have been saying they pulled EQ...Guessing it's a regional thing here in TX pulling EX.  If you have a set APR on Discover it might be worthwhile to go for a more sure thing than a blind app to PF.  When I did my app they had been sending codes a couple of times per week and just flat out apped and got an instant approval.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

in the mailer I get 13% - 16% as APR

Message 4 of 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

in the mailer I get 13% - 16% as APR

That's a pretty GOOD range to have from them.  I would say you're 99% approved with that mailer.  Have you checked the pre-qual to see if it matches?  It should match or be close.  Either way you have a really decent shot at getting a new shiny Discover card!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.