Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and Util and CLI

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Discover and Util and CLI

I used my Discover Business card for BT and today paid all but about 17% util on it.  how long should I wait with the new lower balance before asking for CLI?

and is discover one of the banks that takes love button away when you don't qualify? because I don't see it anywhere. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: Discover and Util and CLI

not sure i'd be interested in finding out this answer also but my card is not a business card though
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call for increase but I haven't seen a Luv Button with Discover.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it works the same for business cards, but with the personal cards there's no button on the site to request a CLI - but you may get the option to request a CLI when you press option 5 on their automated menu when you call. Doesn't work for me - I get the message to press 5 for various options (one of which is to request a CLI), but then that menu only has things like 'press 1 if your card is worn out and you'd like to order a replacement, press 2 if blah blah blah' - something like that. 

I've only had my card 4 months though, so I'm not surprised the option's not available. Sounds like people have  more luck after the six month mark. How long have you had the card? 

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well based on my balance and my payments, I should be right around the 6 month mark... I will wait until next week when payment clears and try the automated thing
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an automatic CLI, I didn't ask for one, when my util went down.  My balance was down to just under $1500 from the high of 4837.60, 85% util, also due to BT's.  The auto CLI was in April or May.  Then in Beginning of December I called in and asked for a $1200 CLI through the automated system.  I got that as well. 

At the beginning of the year my CL was $5700, now it's $8K.  And I like that even number a lot more.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card doesn't have a luv button on the site. You have to call for a CLI.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.