Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover approval surprise

tag
startover03
New Contributor

Discover approval surprise

Well what a surprise!  I received 3 preapproval letters in the mail (after opting back in) 2 for store cards, 1 for Discover.  I'd included Discover in my BK13 back in 04, so I was hesitant to apply.  I applied, got the instant approval but call for final verification.  The next morning I called, and they said congratulations, you'll receive the card in about 5 days.  They did not offer what thecredit limit was,  and I was assuming it would be low so I didn't ask (frankly I was just thrilled to be approved period).  I was able to access the online account just now and was amazed to find a $7500 credit limit!  Matching my highest limit I have on another card!   My utilization was a bit high so  I was surprised.  Unsure of my current scores I think low 700's.  I guess you can repair after BK!  I wish I'd found this site for advice much earlier in my repair years than I did.  Thanks for the advice you have given me along the way! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Discover approval surprise

Congrats ...

Message 2 of 7
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval, nice CL.
Message 3 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Nice CL! Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 7
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Wow, congrats on the approval and the impressive CL! Discover is usually pretty conservative for CLs, it's surprising they'd match your highest.

Message 5 of 7
sybo40
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval!! 

KingAdrock:  Just wanted to say that I'm DIGGIN' THE TAG!  Got FR'd by Amex recently and was not pleased.  I won't be using that card anymore and your tag explained JUST WHY!  Paying for membership to be joined to the "Circle of Paranoia" is not my idea of a good time or good way to spend money.  I can be BROKE an paranoid and no one will ever know...at least not AMEX anyway!  LOL

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
startover03
New Contributor

Thanks for all the congrats.  I was very surprised with the credit limit, I was expecting perhaps 1,000.  The only reasoning I can imagine, is my highest limit card is my most used card, perhaps they are enticing me to balance transfer, and with 0% for 12 months, I may just do that.  I did an estimator and it would certainly save me money over the next year.  I'm still very shocked at being approved at all.  Shocked and happy. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.