Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover auto 90 day CLI question

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover auto 90 day CLI question

I suggest wait until your 3rd statement cut or you might get "Declined. Not enough experience with CL."

I know because it happened to me. I was over 91 days but three statements had not cut. One day after my 3rd statement cut, I hit the button and got an instant $1.5K CLI.

Hope this helps.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 17
frank784
Contributor

It does help thanks. I think I'll wait till my 3rd statement cuts as you suggested. This way the payment I payed yesterday will have posted and it will show that I make my payments in full. Thanks again. 

Message 12 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

If Discover is going to give you an auto.. it often appears a few days in your account AFTER your third statement cuts... Also if you try the button... dont do it on a friday or weekend.. because if it goes to a 2 day... it tends to drag out longer than if you just did it monday or tuesday of the next week.. Also think the auto is based on the pull they are using to show your account FICO score..... 

As folks said.. id wait a few days after your 90 days before pressing the CLI.... Give them time to auto you, but if not, just push it.. if they do, push it anyways =)... no sense getting a "not enough exp with current limit"  snailmail that if you waited a few days youd get the CLI.... That seems to be discovers default letter saying... You asked too early for them.. 

-j

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

If Discover is going to give you an auto.. it often appears a few days in your account AFTER your third statement cuts... Also if you try the button... dont do it on a friday or weekend.. because if it goes to a 2 day... it tends to drag out longer than if you just did it monday or tuesday of the next week.. Also think the auto is based on the pull they are using to show your account FICO score..... 

As folks said.. id wait a few days after your 90 days before pressing the CLI.... Give them time to auto you, but if not, just push it.. if they do, push it anyways =)... no sense getting a "not enough exp with current limit"  snailmail that if you waited a few days youd get the CLI.... That seems to be discovers default letter saying... You asked too early for them.. 

-j

I'm on my 4th statement cut today. No auto at the third so I guess it's time to pull my report to see if something changed that prevented an auto cli after my 3rd. I have never requested a cli on any of my cards. I have a unrealistic fear of doing so. I know it won't hurt to do it but can't get myself to pull the trigger. 

Message 14 of 17
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm on my 4th statement cut today. No auto at the third so I guess it's time to pull my report to see if something changed that prevented an auto cli after my 3rd. I have never requested a cli on any of my cards. I have a unrealistic fear of doing so. I know it won't hurt to do it but can't get myself to pull the trigger. 

There's no need to pull your reports because you didn't get blessed.  Just hit the button and collect your money.  There's NEVER a guarantee that you will ever see one it's just something that happens occasionally.

Message 15 of 17
frank784
Contributor

Woke up to a $500 auto increase......then went on and asked for the CLI and got another $300. Have a $2300 total now which is very low of course but it's a start. 

My question is when do I ask for the next increase? I have read a lot about 31/90/91 days but don't have a great answer yet. 

Suggestions anyone with lower limits that were able to move them up? 

Thanks.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I went to take a look at my Discover statement - my first one cut on April 6, with a payment due date May 2. That means the third statement should cut on or around June 6, which is a Tuesday, with a payment due date of July 2. I was approved for my card on March 22 and received/activated it on March 28.  If I'm understanding all this right, I should wait until at least June 29 (a Thursday, with a holiday weekend in the way, so a bad time to ask for a CLI) or maybe after the July 6 statement? Because July 6 falls on a Thursday and the advice in this thread is (1) not to try for a CLI on weekends and (2) to give it a few days after the 91-day mark to see if an automatic CLI has been granted, it sounds to me as if the best time to press the CLI button would be on or about July 10th. Am I missing something?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.