Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover auto CLI

tag
jayjay21us
Established Member

Re: Discover auto CLI

I got my discover in May 2011 they gave me $1000 and I just logged in and saw a auto CLI of $350.. Not bad..I've been paying off all of the balance expcet $5.00 each month...  Been doing about $500 in speading a month..

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Discover since August 08 with no auto-cli's until today.  I just got an email stating:

"Your credit line has increased to $15,000.

Dear David,

You have earned a credit line increase. That means you have more buying power than ever."

I went from $8500 to $15k - yahooooo!

Message 22 of 25
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

@jayjay21us wrote:

I got my discover in May 2011 they gave me $1000 and I just logged in and saw a auto CLI of $350.. Not bad..I've been paying off all of the balance expcet $5.00 each month...  Been doing about $500 in speading a month..

Just to clarify, you are paying it down to $5 before the statement date, letting that report, and then PIF before the due date, right? Letting any balance carry over to the next cycle is not going to help you "build credit" or increase your score, it is just throwing away money on interest.

In other news, I hope they continue the trend and give me an auto CLI too. I got mine in May 2010 with a $2000 CL, and requested a CLI in April 2011 that cost me a hard pul for another measly $500. It's been 6 months so I hope they're indeed feeling generous as it looks like.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 25
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Guess not, I just called and got shot down, no CLI without a hard pull. I guess they don't like my spending patterns; I only put $250-500 on it per month to keep the util under control. That is apparently not enough for them so I'll garden it another 6 months and try again. How annoying - my other CLs are 14,000 and 19,300, it'd be nice to get this one in triple digit land but it's not worth a HP.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Message 24 of 25
miltown81
New Contributor

I just got a letter from Discover saying that they increased my CL by $600. I'll take any auto CLI since I've never had one......EVER....ANY card Smiley Happy So far, I've been really happy with Discover.

Starting Score: 711
Current Score: 819
Goal Score: 820

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.