Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover automated phone CLI is absolute GOLD

tag
amakol
Regular Contributor

Discover automated phone CLI is absolute GOLD

Just a shout out for everyone to keep trying Discover's phone line (automated, not CSR) every couple months until you get to where you want. They are apparently very flexible on CLI time frames.

I got an automated phone CLI within the last 6 weeks that was immediately processed over the phone. Tried again this week because someone else mentioned getting a second one pretty soon after the first. The automated system denied it and tried to connect me to a representative. I, of course, hung up. Checked today and found that I got an even bigger increase than the one I got before.

Will probably cool down now - happy with my limit with them, but passing on the trick. All SPs!

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 1 of 113
112 REPLIES 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover automated phone CLI is absolute GOLD

Thanks for the tip.
Message 2 of 113
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@bonehead88 wrote:

Just a shout out for everyone to keep trying Discover's phone line (automated, not CSR) every couple months until you get to where you want. They are apparently very flexible on CLI time frames.

I got an automated phone CLI within the last 6 weeks that was immediately processed over the phone. Tried again this week because someone else mentioned getting a second one pretty soon after the first. The automated system denied it and tried to connect me to a representative. I, of course, hung up. Checked today and found that I got an even bigger increase than the one I got before.

Will probably cool down now - happy with my limit with them, but passing on the trick. All SPs!

Congratulations ,for me discover still gives me no sp cli love.I decided I will SD it till fourth quarter for some Christmas shopping 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 113
vpae
Established Contributor

@bonehead88 wrote:

So the automated phone CLI with Discover is always a SP?

The website won't let me request one, always says it's not available. I tried to call just but, but I'm always a bit wary so I decided to speak with a CSR and they couldn't approve any CLI without pulling a report. Granted, I never use this card, so I understand if they don't can't or don't see a reason to.

Congrats on the CLI!

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 4 of 113
12njoy
Super Contributor

@bonehead88 wrote:

LOL.  I just tried and was transferred to a CSR, but I too hung up before they got on the phone.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 5 of 113
amakol
Regular Contributor

@vpae wrote:

@bonehead88 wrote:

The website won't let me request one, always says it's not available. I tried to call just but, but I'm always a bit wary so I decided to speak with a CSR and they couldn't approve any CLI without pulling a report. Granted, I never use this card, so I understand if they don't can't or don't see a reason to.

Congrats on the CLI!

What the system does is check if there is a SP available. Sometimes it outright offers you a CLI. If it can't process a SP CLI, it offers to connect you to a CSR for "more information." My experience and that of many people I've read here is that if you hang up while it's in the process of transferring, there is often a CLI on your online account within the next few days. Maybe some department is monitoring these attempts?

For comparison, I'm in the same boat. Rarely use the card, the website hasn't once said a CLI is available, and whenever I talk to a CSR they need to ask for a HP to proceed. It's JUST this one method that works. Maybe not all the time but don't give in - it's 2 minutes, no talking, worth a shot every few months is what I meant by this post to everyone here. Especially with Discover's odd, conservative CL tendencies.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 6 of 113
12njoy
Super Contributor

@bonehead88 wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@bonehead88 wrote:

Congrats on the CLI!

What the system does is check if there is a SP available. Sometimes it outright offers you a CLI. If it can't process a SP CLI, it offers to connect you to a CSR for "more information." My experience and that of many people I've read here is that if you hang up while it's in the process of transferring, there is often a CLI on your online account within the next few days. Maybe some department is monitoring these attempts?

For comparison, I'm in the same boat. Rarely use the card, the website hasn't once said a CLI is available, and whenever I talk to a CSR they need to ask for a HP to proceed. It's JUST this one method that works. Maybe not all the time but don't give in - it's 2 minutes, no talking, worth a shot every few months is what I meant by this post to everyone here. Especially with Discover's odd, conservative CL tendencies.

I'll see in a couple of days and report back.  It may not work for me though since I just went from $6,500 to $10,000 in January and then from $10,000 to $14,000 in February 2014 on an account that was just opened in October 2013.  Hey, but it's worth a shot.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 7 of 113
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

I have the button online, but not the option over the phone.  My last (and only) CLI was in December.  It was an auto CLI.  Wonder if they're making me wait 6 months.  

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 8 of 113
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Stanic413 wrote:

I have the button online, but not the option over the phone.  My last (and only) CLI was in December.  It was an auto CLI.  Wonder if they're making me wait 6 months.  

I have button online when i click it says an CLI is in progress been like that for about two weeks. Also have option on the phone only during the day time , after midnight it magically disappears. Still no luck on auto cli, everything has to be an HP , i don't want to waste an TU hp for an cli. It will just be sd for an while till 4th quarter for christmas shopping.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 113
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I agree. I think it's fantastically awesome.
Message 10 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.