Did you mean: 

Discover automated phone CLI is absolute GOLD

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover automated phone CLI is absolute GOLD

@mongstradamus wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

IIRC, one should wait at least 3mos from opening of card correct? I haven't tried yet, but I think that's what the CSR told me when I activated it.

I don't think there is anything official with discover cli. I think its pretty random who gets those sp cli. Maybe i am just an little annoyed i am not getting any sp cli love with an cleanish credit report lol

I was told I don't even qualify for any CLI until having the card for 3mos.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 51 of 113
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

IIRC, one should wait at least 3mos from opening of card correct? I haven't tried yet, but I think that's what the CSR told me when I activated it.

I don't think there is anything official with discover cli. I think its pretty random who gets those sp cli. Maybe i am just an little annoyed i am not getting any sp cli love with an cleanish credit report lol

maybe after 3 months you will get it  i am just saying its not an guarantee you will get it . I have had card for seven or eight months and still no love from them. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 52 of 113
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

maybe after 3 months you will get it  i am just saying its not an guarantee you will get it . I have had card for seven or eight months and still no love from them. 

I know there is no guarantee for any CLI...just stating that if some are trying and haven't had the card longer than 3mos that they may need to wait.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 53 of 113
themanwhosoldtheworld
Valued Member

THIS THREAD MADE MY DAY!

Ok, done yelling.  Monday around 6pm called Discover and went through the automated phone system to request a CLI and hung up when it said it was transferring me to a humanoid like others did.  Today (Wednesday) around 10pm I received an email that was titled "Regarding your Credit Limit" and I got that all too familiar feeling in my stomach when I fealt a denial.  Then I opened it.  I received a CLI from 2,300 to 8,700!!!!!!

This is now my highest CL.  Here is my info so others can compare.

TU Fico 04/29 - 692  (listed on Discover site)

EQ Fico Monday was 715 (729 today)

I run 2-3k through this card every month.  This last month I had a balance report on a bunch of my cards including 1,850 of my 2,300 on this card being we had some family issues but normally PIF every month.  My Util was around 33% until Tuesday of this week when I paid everything off.  I have had this card for a year this month.

A Few of my other cards:

Wells Fargo 5,500

Chase Freedom 4,000

Barclaycard 3,800

CTYP 3,500

Off topic, can anyone tell me what the deal is with the score they give you on CK?  I checked it last night becuase I never had before with them and it was like 652.  The strange thing is that they use TU just as Discover does. 

Starting Score: EQ: 695 (MyFico)
Current Score: EQ 729(MyFico 05/07/14), EXP 724 05/08/2014, 744 Card Acquisition Risk Score 09/09/13 (Chase Pulled)
Goal Score: 800
Message 54 of 113
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@themanwhosoldtheworld wrote:

THIS THREAD MADE MY DAY!

Ok, done yelling.  Monday around 6pm called Discover and went through the automated phone system to request a CLI and hung up when it said it was transferring me to a humanoid like others did.  Today (Wednesday) around 10pm I received an email that was titled "Regarding your Credit Limit" and I got that all too familiar feeling in my stomach when I fealt a denial.  Then I opened it.  I received a CLI from 2,300 to 8,700!!!!!!

This is now my highest CL.  Here is my info so others can compare.

TU Fico 04/29 - 692  (listed on Discover site)

EQ Fico Monday was 715 (729 today)

I run 2-3k through this card every month.  This last month I had a balance report on a bunch of my cards including 1,850 of my 2,300 on this card being we had some family issues but normally PIF every month.  My Util was around 33% until Tuesday of this week when I paid everything off.  I have had this card for a year this month.

A Few of my other cards:

Wells Fargo 5,500

Chase Freedom 4,000

Barclaycard 3,800

CTYP 3,500

Off topic, can anyone tell me what the deal is with the score they give you on CK?  I checked it last night becuase I never had before with them and it was like 652.  The strange thing is that they use TU just as Discover does. 

Gratz on your CLI , I still haven't had any luck with discover sp cli. Discover is being sd till july. Once gas categories come up I may use and leave an balance and see if they want to cli me then. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 55 of 113
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CLI. 

The CK score is an "educational" score. It's supposed to teach you not to take it seriously. Smiley Wink 

Seriously though, apparently "Credit Karma provides the TransRisk New Account Score, VantageScore, and Auto Insurance Risk Score from TransUnion." They also say "picking a single credit score model and tracking it over time will help you understand and manage your credit health" which I agree with.

Think of a credit score model as a scale. You might have 3 different scales in your bathroom (stay with me here) and they might be a few ounces to a few pounds off at the exact same time. However, as long as you watch your weight on the same scale every week, you'll have a good sense of how your weight changes from week to week. If you have to weigh a certain amount on a specific scale (i.e. a sports weigh-in), you'll want to check that one to be sure, but most of the time you just want to track your personal journey. So your scale, or whichever FAKO you're most comfortable with, is probably going to be good enough. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 56 of 113
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

Congrats on the CLI. 

The CK score is an "educational" score. It's supposed to teach you not to take it seriously. Smiley Wink 

Seriously though, apparently "Credit Karma provides the TransRisk New Account Score, VantageScore, and Auto Insurance Risk Score from TransUnion." They also say "picking a single credit score model and tracking it over time will help you understand and manage your credit health" which I agree with.

Think of a credit score model as a scale. You might have 3 different scales in your bathroom (stay with me here) and they might be a few ounces to a few pounds off at the exact same time. However, as long as you watch your weight on the same scale every week, you'll have a good sense of how your weight changes from week to week. If you have to weigh a certain amount on a specific scale (i.e. a sports weigh-in), you'll want to check that one to be sure, but most of the time you just want to track your personal journey. So your scale, or whichever FAKO you're most comfortable with, is probably going to be good enough. 

If you're going to pick any score from CK to track, use the Vantage 2.0 score they provide.  It's going to correlate the most significantly to a FICO score (in terms of positives and negatives for various changes on your credit report although not in absolute value) as they're fundamentally designed to do the same thing whereas the TU New Accounts score, and the Auto insurance score, absolutely aren't and therefore should be ignored for the purposes of FICO comparison.

        
Message 57 of 113
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

I just tried this after an increase about a month ago. It worked. A $1,500 increase, not huge, but better than nothing. Thanks for sharing!

Message 58 of 113
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

Seriously itching to call in!  I opened my it on February 16, so was going to submit a request on May 17.  I confirmed this time requirement with two reps.  Today, for the first time, the "request increase" under "card details" showed up... I hopped on chat with a rep, asking if I somehow snuck in a week early, but she said no -.- Such a tease... debating whether to hit that button or call in on the 17th...

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 59 of 113
themanwhosoldtheworld
Valued Member

This makes an incredible amount of sense to me being I am currently dieting.  I have to weigh myself with the same scale, in the same exact spot on the floor, right away in the morning (after going to the bathroom), and before eating anything. Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 695 (MyFico)
Current Score: EQ 729(MyFico 05/07/14), EXP 724 05/08/2014, 744 Card Acquisition Risk Score 09/09/13 (Chase Pulled)
Goal Score: 800
Message 60 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.