cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover bomb: CLD after 4x CLI in 2 months.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover bomb: CLD after 4x CLI in 2 months.

@Jaylima91 wrote:
OP, you never replied to your "Amex Backdating success" thread. Was it really backdated or did you misread your report?

I'm waiting for the official report to arrive in the mail to confirm it before posting. The new card reported with the old date on CreditKarma.

Message 21 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:
So OP got his Amex backdated and a CLD from Discover. I wonder if he's found the online app for the Centurion Amex.

No,  the Discover CLD happened to his friend not him - OP. Just sharing his friend's experience I suppose...

He probably knows that but is implying that his "friend" is really him. 

@Jaylima91,

Lets give OP the benefit of the doubt and not make any assumptions.  Such insinuation may cause the thread to be derailed.  Hopefully, he updates us as to why it happened once his friend calls Discover..

Message 22 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope, nothing at all. No new accounts, or even inquiries, in the past year and a half. <10% utilization, no closed accounts.

Something is giving them concern in order to take AA.

@Anonymous wrote:

One of my friends who had a total of 4k CLI in the past 2 months or so suddenly saw a 3k CLD when he logged in today. 

How many CLI's?  Were these auto or did your friend initiate the request?  Has your friend actually reviewed reports?

I don't think so. His scores are >760 across all three and had not made any applications in over a year and a half. I'm helping him build towards getting a good mortgage loan later this year. 4 CLIs in 2 months. He did it based on my advice which was based on what I'd read here. Which is why he told me about it. If he calls today and tells me about it, I'll update.

Message 23 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:
OP, you never replied to your "Amex Backdating success" thread. Was it really backdated or did you misread your report?

I'm waiting for the official report to arrive in the mail to confirm it before posting. The new card reported with the old date on CreditKarma.

Can you screenshot what is showing on creditkarma?.  That should be enough to settle all doubts instead of waiting for a report to arrive via mail.

Message 24 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope, nothing at all. No new accounts, or even inquiries, in the past year and a half. <10% utilization, no closed accounts.

Something is giving them concern in order to take AA.

@Anonymous wrote:

One of my friends who had a total of 4k CLI in the past 2 months or so suddenly saw a 3k CLD when he logged in today. 

How many CLI's?  Were these auto or did your friend initiate the request?  Has your friend actually reviewed reports?

I don't think so. His scores are >760 across all three and had not made any applications in over a year and a half. I'm helping him build towards getting a good mortgage loan later this year. 4 CLIs in 2 months. He did it based on my advice which was based on what I'd read here. Which is why he told me about it. If he calls today and tells me about it, I'll update.

If his scores are greater than 760, how high does he want it before applying for a mortgage? That is a good enough score for a really good rate.

Message 25 of 99
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:
So OP got his Amex backdated and a CLD from Discover. I wonder if he's found the online app for the Centurion Amex.

No,  the Discover CLD happened to his friend not him - OP. Just sharing his friend's experience I suppose...

@Jaylima91,

Lets give OP the benefit of the doubt and not make any assumptions.  Such insinuation may cause the thread to be derailed.  Hopefully, he updates us as to why it happened once his friend calls Discover..

@I have faith in what OP is stating is true. I am simply letting you know what @thelethargicage MAY have been implying. I wasn't implying that. In fact, I nicely asked about an update to his "Amex Backdating" thread as I, along with others, are really anticipating his update. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Jaylima91,

@I have faith that what OP is stating is true. I am simply letting you know what @thelethargicage MAY have been implying. I wasn't implying that. In fact, I nicely asked about an update to his "Amex Backdating" thread as I, along with others, are really anticipating his update. Smiley Happy

I know.. We all are waiting for this update.  Myself includedSmiley Happy

Message 27 of 99
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'm still wondering if this person is even using their Discover card or letting a balance post.
Message 28 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's an update. Not sure if he spoke to an analyst, but he called the backdoor number on this site, and he was told that he didn't qualify for all the CLIs that he was given, and the computer had made the error. This was apparently discovered during a manual review, and all but 1 CLI had to be removed. The analyst wouldn't say why there was a manual review. However, she was apparently very apolegetic about the error, and requested him to continue requesting a credit limit increase as required every 6 months.

I do not know the exact balances that were posted on this card, but all his cards have at least one bill charged to them every month, and his balances are paid in full each month via BillPay Ebills autopay at his bank. Every single card that he has posts a balance every month and each of them is paid in full each month. I'm very sure of this, as I've really insisted that he do this.

I can post the CK screenshot this evening, but it doesn't mean much. It's only Credit Karma after all. It's not an official report. But if this is all you want, that's fine by me. It'll be up later tonight.

Message 29 of 99
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm. Sounds like the old Discover CLI guy is back from vacation.

That's too bad.
Message 30 of 99
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.