Contributor
lagb

Discover bummed me out

I applied for and was denied by Discover.  They pulled my TU, which doesn't have any derogatory late payments and I just cleaned it up really well.  I wanted to transfer some higher interest cards to a new card, but nope, when I called to recon, they said that my balances were too high for debt to limit ratio and I'd have to get those lowered before they'll reconsider...:smileymad:  Uhhh... when I get those lowered, I'll probably not use CCs much, so it defeats the purpose, doesn't it??  grrr

My total CC balance is $1600 with higher interest rates.  Discover had a 3.99 balance transfer rate.  That bummed me out that I can't take advantage of that. 

I already closed out my Orchard Bank card with the high interest and annual fee.  It was only 3 years old, so it shouldn't affect my average age much.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Discover bummed me out

lagb wrote:

I applied for and was denied by Discover.  They pulled my TU, which doesn't have any derogatory late payments and I just cleaned it up really well.  I wanted to transfer some higher interest cards to a new card, but nope, when I called to recon, they said that my balances were too high for debt to limit ratio and I'd have to get those lowered before they'll reconsider...:smileymad:  Uhhh... when I get those lowered, I'll probably not use CCs much, so it defeats the purpose, doesn't it??  grrr

My total CC balance is $1600 with higher interest rates.  Discover had a 3.99 balance transfer rate.  That bummed me out that I can't take advantage of that. 

I already closed out my Orchard Bank card with the high interest and annual fee.  It was only 3 years old, so it shouldn't affect my average age much.

I take it you app'ed for Motiva. Any reason Motiva over More?

What did you state for your income on the app? What is your UTIL %?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+