Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card IT :What now ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover card IT :What now ?

he's not being penalized.  he has a card with them. they just dont want to give him any more money on top of what they already have.  

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, are you trolling? You owe them $2100 PLUS interest and are sending in a paltry two digit sum per month and don't believe that's slow payment? You are a high default risk and Amex is correct in denying you any wacky CLIs.

It's the twilight zone here at times I swear.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I know Amex likes PIF but for the life of me if thats all you want should just stay with charge cards( Amex that is). Not everyone can or will pay back after a purchase. Thats why its called a revolver you should be able to carry a balance if you want to. I know this is frowned upon here and it probably does help to get better clis with them making multiple payments, its just i feel a person shouldnt be penalized for revolving. And if you are doubling your min payment its still better than only paying the minimum. Imho.

I agree ... 

I just tried to illuminate the thought process of AMEX state of mind. 

Its all good. 

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

We don't have all the facts of the situation. 

Maybe whats on the card is very recent.

Maybe the double payments was just 1 or 2 months. 

myFICO is meant to learn and share. 

Not to disparage OP or anyone else. 

They come seeking advice.... and though your reply was meant with good intention.  

When one reads it back it does not appear to be too kind. 

We are all here to help one another ... 

We are not suppose to sound like collections or bill collectors .. sometimes wonder if they are on here lol Smiley Wink 

So we should try not to come off sounding like them. 

We are here to help one another .. 

Gawsh I did not know very much when I climbed on board and I still have much to learn. 

But if anyone came at me directly as I read some of these threads I would shy from posting. 

OP please understand that they are only trying to help. 

They are doing it more on the stance of "Tough Love" 

But please keep posting and inquiring .. and never let anyone stifle your voice if you are looking for help. 

That being said .. I love you all. Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excuse me but i thought I asked and intelligent question . No i'm not trolling and know i don't pay a double digit payment . If you most know my minimal payment is 50 .00 monthly and i pay 120.00 a month . So I didn't think . You can check my other post if you want to troll and get the whole picture . I have 10,000 plus available cash for a home purchase that I can use to pay off all debt if needed .  So thanks again I thought WE where here to learn .

Message 15 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I agree bella! As for me, i was just voicing my humble opinion that if someone has to carry a balance im not gonna judge as often times i do as its needed. As im rebuilding i try to pay in full as ive learned here but what cha gonna do. Life is life. I think OP has a couple good options already. If he is carrying a balance on his Amex, well thats why we have revolving credit cards to have abilty to do so. In no way was i saying he was being penalized. Sorry @ lowkey, didnt mean that. I know that ccc often dont give clis if carrying high balance. My opinion was more on the revoving option and how Amex may love pif but as long as your paying your bills on time and at least the minimum, why else have a minimum, then its should be ok . You are complying with your cards. Obviously the OP is no troll, he/she seems to be doing something right to get a Discover with a $7500 sl Smiley Happy. As stated before on this forum there are no stupid questions nor should one be condidered a troll for seeking advice. Good luck OP, you will find what works best for you and i hope it all works out well!Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks All !

Message 17 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ok guys let's remember to be FSR in our responses please. We can give advice without being degrading or insulting. Thanks.Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2800103#U2800103

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Question looking for advice or what you would do . So I just got a new Discover card with a 7,500 limit with and 18 month 0 interest on balance transfers . So my question is ,I have a Capital One card with about 1,300/2150 in debt and a EX 2100/3000 debt . So i'm thinking to transfer the balances of those card to the one Discover ? What do you guys think to maximize my credit scores .  TU 720 EX 718 EQ 739 That would leave two card zero balance and only one car carrying a balance . Debt to credit ratio would be lowered to an 10-15 % of cerdit  usage . Currently at 40-43% of cerdit usage .

Note: I asked for a CL increase from AMEX and they denied it . Do to slow payment is what they said . But I pay double the amount due monthly .

Now that all is good in the myFICO hood. 

Lets see .. by my math you have $3400/$5150 that equals 64% uti.  

So if you go $3400/$12650 = 26.7% uti 

But if you are saying you are currently at 40-43% now ... I am wondering if you have other trade lines not mentioned. 

Either way you are really cutting your uti in less than 1/2 of what you currently have... so that in itself is exciting. 

My best guestimation is that you may see a 20 pt give or take jump because the HP will offset it. 

But you can't hold my feet to the fire on that...  I am low balling my guess. 

But what will be even more exciting is that you will be getting those totals on the Discover Card and paying that significantly. 

Nice that you are have that 10k slated for something else... totally understandable. 

You are just preparing for take off Aye?  lol... Smiley Wink

Your scores will be soaring in a month or two! 

You already are higher than my own... but you are going to be entering the higher echelon of 700's before me.

I am so jelly - but I am wishing you the best success ! 

Go For It ! 

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OP asked a very good question, and your response was to say he is trolling? 

It's one thing to not give a helpful answer, but calling the OP a troll is just wrong. We all come to this forum to share and help each other.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.