Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card activation CLI

tag
nj23
Regular Contributor

Discover card activation CLI

Hello

Has anyone had any luck asking Discover for a CLI during their activation call?  

I'm thinking this wouldn't work since Discover is a conservative lender, but you never know.  

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover card activation CLI

don't think so

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Not that I am aware of this is most likely going to be a no go you certainly are welcome to try though.

Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Discover is known to tell you no want to see usage first ...but give it a try 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
Luscher
Valued Contributor

i was told by multiple lenders that the computer will give you the max it can, and that the CSR you talk to will just pull another report and base it off the computer. (unless you get a really good CSR or a really good Credit Analyst) I would just use it a lot and then call in about 3-6 months
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 8
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

Use it a lot and PIF and then call in 6 months. I hear that works best for Discover.
Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 6 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@KneelBeforeZod wrote:
Use it a lot and PIF and then call in 6 months. I hear that works best for Discover.

+1

it could also take more than 6 months (for me it was 15 months) but then Discover grows nicely..I went from 2,5K to 5K to 7,5K and the last two SP CLIs within 3  months Smiley Happy ..love Discover!

Message 7 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Could take less as well.  All depends on one's credit, income and the creditor's critiera.  Discover nearly doubled my CL after 3 months at my request.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.