Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card closed... account analyst not sure why

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover card closed... account analyst not sure why

@weehoo wrote:

UPDATE - spoke with the security department, they said the account was closed by accident, and is now reopened immediately. 

Your killin me smalls!

Accident?... this would have scared the hell out of me! ... I am so glad everything is back to normal for you Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 17
EW800
Valued Contributor

Closed by accidnet?  That is bizzar!  Glad you got it resolved!   Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 12 of 17
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

Accident.  Hopefully they gave you a small % decrease for your troubles.

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 13 of 17
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I thought for sure it was because of the CLI 2 weeks ago and that 21k was going to require proof of income.  Glad i am O.K. for now.  Strangest thing is they did not even notify me that account was closed.  I logged in to pay the bill and it said "This account is closed".  So strange.  But glad everything is back to normal.  

Maybe they tried to throw a wrench in the sprocket so they didn't have to pay me 5% back on the hotel booking =) =) =) 

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 14 of 17
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

Great that it worked out - I had a crazy experience with my CU years ago - that did not work out well - and I was told the only thing I could do was re-apply for the card.  Yeah - that was some BS right there - 

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 15 of 17
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

So happy it worked out for you.

Accident though??  They need to do better! 

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

Accident?? Whoa Discover. What are yall smoking over there?? Imagine the nightmare that would have been had you been travelling and that was the only card you had on you. Geez!! Prime example why you never ever rely on just one company for credit. "Diversify I say. Diversify!" Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.