Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card holders

tag
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Discover card holders

Logged in to my discover account and noticed discover changed my due date on my payment by 3 days. I called to have it changed back the customer service rep explained that they were making these changes to improve their system really discover?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover card holders

@wallyworld123 wrote:

Logged in to my discover account and noticed discover changed my due date on my payment by 3 days. I called to have it changed back the customer service rep explained that they were making these changes to improve their system really discover?

3 days earlier or later??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

earlier without any notice

Message 3 of 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read that Discover allows you to select a preferred due date.  Does your account have a button with that option?

Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read that Discover allows you to select a preferred due date.  Does your account have a button with that option?

I thought that as well. Smiley Indifferent

No change in mine tho.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

I have had my discover card for 4 years same due date yes they have or have had that option but the csr say they are making changes to consumers due date. My concern is changing my due date without letting me know.

Message 6 of 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

I thought that as well. Smiley Indifferent

No change in mine tho.

Just checked my brother's account...now it's popping up an "update account info" window on his account, asking him if he'd like to sign up for e-mail text alerts, asking for his cell #, making sure his account info is correct, and if he would like to change his payment due date and what dates he could change it to. I skipped through everything and no doubt once he logs into it himself it'll ask him the same questions. Very strange, since it's never asked that stuff before!

Message 7 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@wallyworld123 wrote:

I have had my discover card for 4 years same due date yes they have or have had that option but the csr say they are making changes to consumers due date. My concern is changing my due date without letting me know.

Log on to your account and check under "Manage Account".  There's the option to "Change Payment Due Date".  If it's not there, that woud be very odd. 

My due date has not changed since I set up my account several years ago, and the option to make the change is there, showing my current due date on a calendar of options. 

Message 8 of 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@wallyworld123 wrote:

Log on to your account and check under "Manage Account".  There's the option to "Change Payment Due Date".  If it's not there, that woud be very odd. 

My due date has not changed since I set up my account several years ago, and the option to make the change is there, showing my current due date on a calendar of options. 

I just checked my account, and the option to change payment due date is (still)  there under "Manage Account."   If I were OP, I would call back and ask for a supervisor.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.