Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

Discover card holders

Logged in to my discover account and noticed discover changed my due date on my payment by 3 days. I called to have it changed back the customer service rep explained that they were making these changes to improve their system really discover?

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Discover card holders

wallyworld123 wrote:

Logged in to my discover account and noticed discover changed my due date on my payment by 3 days. I called to have it changed back the customer service rep explained that they were making these changes to improve their system really discover?

3 days earlier or later??

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

earlier without any notice

Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read that Discover allows you to select a preferred due date.  Does your account have a button with that option?

Mega Contributor
LS2982

FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read that Discover allows you to select a preferred due date.  Does your account have a button with that option?

I thought that as well. :smileyindifferent:

No change in mine tho.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

I have had my discover card for 4 years same due date yes they have or have had that option but the csr say they are making changes to consumers due date. My concern is changing my due date without letting me know.

Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

LS2982 wrote:

FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

I thought that as well. :smileyindifferent:

No change in mine tho.

Just checked my brother's account...now it's popping up an "update account info" window on his account, asking him if he'd like to sign up for e-mail text alerts, asking for his cell #, making sure his account info is correct, and if he would like to change his payment due date and what dates he could change it to. I skipped through everything and no doubt once he logs into it himself it'll ask him the same questions. Very strange, since it's never asked that stuff before!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

EQ FICO 708 TU FICO 747 Credit Karma (TU) 778 Transrisk 792/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 768 Credit.com (EX) 768 VantageScore 3.0 745
Valued Contributor
thom02099

wallyworld123 wrote:

I have had my discover card for 4 years same due date yes they have or have had that option but the csr say they are making changes to consumers due date. My concern is changing my due date without letting me know.

Log on to your account and check under "Manage Account".  There's the option to "Change Payment Due Date".  If it's not there, that woud be very odd. 

My due date has not changed since I set up my account several years ago, and the option to make the change is there, showing my current due date on a calendar of options. 

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 768 EQ = 828 TU = 834 - June/2014
Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

thom02099 wrote:

wallyworld123 wrote:

Log on to your account and check under "Manage Account".  There's the option to "Change Payment Due Date".  If it's not there, that woud be very odd. 

My due date has not changed since I set up my account several years ago, and the option to make the change is there, showing my current due date on a calendar of options. 

I just checked my account, and the option to change payment due date is (still)  there under "Manage Account."   If I were OP, I would call back and ask for a supervisor.  

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+