cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card is now on my "S-list".

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover card is now on my "S-list".

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Yes and no. Although high balances are not good (it's not maxed out, like 4900/10k or something), she has had it for over 30 years and has perfect history with them.

The Discover Card is a major credit card, issued primarily in the United States. It was announced by Sears in 1985 and was introduced nationwide the following year

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 51 of 66
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Message 52 of 66
Chris679
Established Contributor

Stated in a previous post that 92 is his birth year
Message 53 of 66
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

The only reason I applied for Discover is due to the fact they allow joint applicants. 

Yet YOUR joint applicant was no where in sight when YOU applied and somehow your mad at  Discover? You should be on their S-list. Smiley LOL

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 54 of 66
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Yes and no. Although high balances are not good (it's not maxed out, like 4900/10k or something), she has had it for over 30 years and has perfect history with them.

The Discover Card is a major credit card, issued primarily in the United States. It was announced by Sears in 1985 and was introduced nationwide the following year

Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 55 of 66
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

They said "ok, so you are not wanting the offer?" I said yes, that is correct. 

They did not say any of the following:

You said you didn't want the offer. Period. Not only did Discover have no obligation to hold the offer open for you, it would have been disrespectful of them not to heed your stated wishes.

Also, you apped knowing you'd likely need a co-signer without having your only possible co-signer available???

I agree with what others have said. Garden, and grow yourself a more realistic attitude as you grow your credit.

Message 56 of 66
Airforcekid
Established Member

@Chris679 wrote:
Stated in a previous post that 92 is his birth year

At the oldest then your 22 I would do nothing (freeze reports) for two years and start reapplying at 24. In the meantime set up a checking account and get in good standing with a credit union stick to a debit card and occasionally your secured card only if you can pay it in full. It may seem like your getting a late start, but 15 years from now a credit card from 22 or 24 will make no difference in the eyes of lenders however if you keep applying you have no shot at recovering for quite a while.

NFCU Cashrewards $3,500| Navcheck $7,500| Discover IT $500| AMEX $6000| CS:724
Message 57 of 66
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Why would you apply over the phone anyways?

Much easier to do it online and the co-signer doesn't have to give permission. So long as you have the information (You should always get permission anyways) But the process is much easier online.

Message 58 of 66
fot1
Established Contributor

It is a train wreck you just can't look away from.. Garden Op garden..

Too many to list..
Message 59 of 66
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Involver wrote:
Why do you keep trying to app new cards?

+1

I believe there were several suggestions in other threads to garden and age off your inquiries ? But you do not listen and need to find out the hard way Smiley Sad Do not blame Discover but yourself.

Message 60 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.