cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card is now on my "S-list".

tag
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: Discover card is now on my "S-list".

A child understand that it's his fault and blame others. An adult takes blame even after knowing they're right.

Your credit isn''t the only thing that needs to grow.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 61 of 66
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Is it me or does it seem like this is some kind of entertainment (the sort that is had from trolling) for the OP?

Message 62 of 66
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'm kind of surprised how much OP is getting piled on. Granted they haven't taken any advice given in the past, I think they originally posted as an outlet to vent their frustration.

OP I would just ask your mom to make you AU if you want it that bad.
Message 63 of 66
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Well, I definitely think that OP has been given all the valuable advice from all the members.  More replies would definitely feel like we're being trolled in to OP's entertainment purposes so I think this thread should be locked as I don't see we're going anywhere, anymore. 

::edited for typo::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 64 of 66
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Well, I definitely think that OP has been given all the valuable advice from all the members.  More replies would definitely feel like we're being trolled in to OP's entertainment purposes so I think this thread should be locked as I don't see we're going anywhere, anymore. 

::edited for typo::

+eleventy billion

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 65 of 66
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I know the OP has gotten a lot of great advice but I just wanted to step in and say that everything everyone saying is true. I remember when I tried to apply for a Discover It Student card and kept getting denied because of a lack of banking/credit history and then eventually I gave up and decided to just keep using the Citi Forward card that I already had to build my credit up and then many months later and time without sending them an application at all, I decided to take a chance and try again online and was instantly approved that way with no problem. Gardening, making payments on time and keeping balances as low as you can really does wonders for the long term. Similar story with Wells Fargo and how I kept getting denied for the college card because of my past charge off with them on the joint account I had that I paid off and decided to rebuild my banking relationship with them. Was denied initially again, did a recon over the phone and the next I found I had been approved.

Going to try the same thing with Bank of America and see if something changes there in the next 7-8 months. That bank and Citi hate that I have a lot of recent inquiries and new accounts.

EDIT: Never mind. Looks like he's just trying to be an immature troll but the story is true nonetheless if he ever wises up. For the record, when I called into Discover to ask what my credit limit was, I talked to a really nice man on the phone who walked me through everything and made me feel like I was talking to someone who really cared and similarly with their online chat the other day. No problems with them so far. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 66 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.