Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card members who signed for 50 bonus checking

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Discover card members who signed for 50 bonus checking

Well I was on other member the other day for causing panic. To whoever it was. I apologize.  You were right. Whoever clicked that link you better contact 

discover ASAP to make sure you get your 50 bucks. If you wait you may not get.  Here is their letter to me. 

Please Double Check you got it.  

Due to the confusion with the proper way to open our new Cashback Checking account to qualify for that promotion, we have extended the offer to all customers that have opened their account during our promotional period. Your $50 account credit will be applied to your new account no later than 12/12/2014, and the account must be open at this time. Credit is considered interest income and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover card members who signed for 50 bonus checking

@taxi818 wrote:

Well I was on other member the other day for causing panic. To whoever it was. I apologize.  You were right. Whoever clicked that link you better contact 

discover ASAP to make sure you get your 50 bucks. If you wait you may not get.  Here is their letter to me. 

Due to the confusion with the proper way to open our new Cashback Checking account to qualify for that promotion, we have extended the offer to all customers that have opened their account during our promotional period. Your $50 account credit will be applied to your new account no later than 12/12/2014, and the account must be open at this time. Credit is considered interest income and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.

I used the link, had to call in to finish my application and sent/received a secure message to confirm the bonus.  

Message 2 of 4
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I signed up and recieved a message to call. I called them and the person said everything was good and that he was sending it to their authorization team. Advised me to look out for an email within 24-72 hours. I'm confused, but if I am approved, I'll do what's stated here and make sure I'm getting that bonus!

Message 3 of 4
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

I got a mailer and used that link and when i asked to make sure i got the promotion They said i would get it by 10/13/2014

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.