Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card purchases not showing up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card purchases not showing up?

Hi,

I just recently got a Discover it Chrome card, and I am wondering how long it takes for purchases to show up? I have made a total of four purchases on the card. Two have posted. One had showed up under "pending" and now has disappeared, it is not posted or pending. And the remaining one, which was made about 6 days ago, has not showed up at all. Is this normal? Curious because my first statement is in 3 days.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover card purchases not showing up?

It would actually depend on the purchase and where it was from. Some places don't put the charge through until they ship your order....some places like restaurants will authorize it, but it doesn't go through right away. You need to give us a tad bit more info about the purchases.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one the hasn't showed up at all is a deli / restaurant. The one that disappeared is a cafe / coffee shop.

Message 3 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Welcome raddish!

Give it another day or 2 to show up. It sometimes takes up to 3 days for some transactions to post with them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

The issue being described is most likely due to the merchant, not Discover.

With my own Discover account, purchases have been extremely reliable about moving from 'pending' to 'posted', but I also have historically made purchases with the card at 'busy' type places (Amazon, fast food, etc.), in other words places that aren't likely to hold a charge.

From my own days years ago of taking credit cards, I know that when a vendor or merchant gets an authorization code, it's good for a set number of days (it used to be eight or so) and if the charge isn't submitted before that time the 'pending' designation will drop from the customer's account. 

That being said, there are several valid reasons for this to happen, for example if you order something that's out-of-stock, many times the merchant's POS will automatically get the authorization up front, but the actual charge won't be submitted until the item is shipped.  This is one example of what can cause the situation the OP is seeing.

In any case, don't be concerned... most likely, you will see the charge show up on your account soon.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

The issue being described is most likely due to the merchant, not Discover.

With my own Discover account, purchases have been extremely reliable about moving from 'pending' to 'posted', but I also have historically made purchases with the card at 'busy' type places (Amazon, fast food, etc.), in other words places that aren't likely to hold a charge.

From my own days years ago of taking credit cards, I know that when a vendor or merchant gets an authorization code, it's good for a set number of days (it used to be eight or so) and if the charge isn't submitted before that time the 'pending' designation will drop from the customer's account. 

That being said, there are several valid reasons for this to happen, for example if you order something that's out-of-stock, many times the merchant's POS will automatically get the authorization up front, but the actual charge won't be submitted until the item is shipped.  This is one example of what can cause the situation the OP is seeing.

In any case, don't be concerned... most likely, you will see the charge show up on your account soon.  Smiley Wink

Exactly what I was trying to say! Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.