Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover card

but keep in mind too that you want more credit on cards you use vs don't use. don't load up credit on cards you won't use because it limits you on the cards you want later (potentially)
Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
not if you're reporting 3% utilization. i report under 1% so if i had $10k in credit or my current $80k it makes no difference. your score won't be effected much. just the report.

Well darn.  3% was my highest usage on all cards combined.  I don't know how low they go but I only owe 30.00 on all the cards combined now.  I guess it won't help.  But hey, thank you for your information, I appreciate it.

Message 42 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

no problem. it's good to have open credit but keep in mind let's say you want that awesome new card and you're almost maxed on your profile due to cards you don't use... that sucks lol. that's why you see people closing cards to free up credit for the ones they want Smiley Happy
Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
no problem. it's good to have open credit but keep in mind let's say you want that awesome new card and you're almost maxed on your profile due to cards you don't use... that sucks lol. that's why you see people closing cards to free up credit for the ones they want Smiley Happy

I see people use the term profile quite often. I'm not sure what is meant by that.  Would you be kind enough to explain? I am very new to credit usage, discover started me at 2300 so I only have about 16,000 in credit.

Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

meaning your credit profile or report. we refer to reports as your profile.
Message 45 of 46
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

I was approved for 6K right out of the gate....my score is about 680

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.