Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card

tag
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover card

When I got discover I started with a limit of 9k.    I'm still in 0% period when it was raised it to 11k.  The only card I can't get them to raise the limit on is cap1...lol  Its been at 3200 for many years now.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

GratsSmiley Surprised

I've tried to get in with Discover for 2 years. They always come back saying my BK 7 from 2011 is in the way. This month I applied for the secured and was gonna put 2k down. They wouldn't even do that. 

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

GratsSmiley Surprised

I've tried to get in with Discover for 2 years. They always come back saying my BK 7 from 2011 is in the way. This month I applied for the secured and was gonna put 2k down. They wouldn't even do that. 

That's crazy! I'm only 1 year post discharge and they approved me. Did you burn them in your BK7? Maybe that could be the reason. 

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

GratsSmiley Surprised

That's crazy! I'm only 1 year post discharge and they approved me. Did you burn them in your BK7? Maybe that could be the reason. 

I've never been with Discover before. I see people all the time getting in with them after a BK. I just got approved for a CITI secured card with my 2k. At least I got in with one of the two I wantedSmiley Very Happy 

Message 24 of 26
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

One year and a few months post BK7, I just got approved for a Discover IT card. 23% interest rate (whew!) and a $500 limit. Kind of a low limit. When you get approved for cards do they base your limit off of your other cards? Is Discover generous with CLI's?

Yes

How often can you request an increase with Discover? 

You can do it as often as you like. It's a soft pull, so no harm done. I've gotten CLI's at different intervals, Longest interval was 92 days; shortest was 20 days; others were in between.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 25 of 26
sylviagarcia
Regular Contributor

Question: How do you manage to get a CLI with only a softpull? The last time I tried getting a CLI I did it online and they ran my Credit report only to deny the CLI :/
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.