Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card

What behaviour does Discover like from its cardholders?   PIF or leave a balance,  utilization , etc.  How often do they auto CLI? Appreciate any suggestions, just starting out with them. 

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover card

I'm sure if nothing else they like people who pay their bills on time.

Message 2 of 46
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for a card in April with a 500 limit. I think I charged about 60 bucks or so the first month and paid before the statement cut. I then let a balance of around 200 linger for two months and then paid it off. I applied for a CLI a few weeks ago and was bumped up to 800. That's all I really know about them so far, they are definitely more conservative than most.

Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

I was approved for a card in April with a 500 limit. I think I charged about 60 bucks or so the first month and paid before the statement cut. I then let a balance of around 200 linger for two months and then paid it off. I applied for a CLI a few weeks ago and was bumped up to 800. That's all I really know about them so far, they are definitely more conservative than most.

Thanks, first CLI was fast.

Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can't get CLI before 90 so ask then. the discover lady said they like heavy use and PIF
Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had them for 5 months now, and no CLI. The reason is insufficient time with Discover.

I now have a card with a $21k limit but discover is $500.
Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah my discover limit is $800. that needs to change...
Message 7 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first cli at 60 days.
Message 8 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

then that discover lady lied to me!
Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Started at 1600.00 .  Used it and pif 1st couple of months, 3rd month, carried a 320 balance over, Got an 800 cli with luv button.

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.