Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover cash back quarter question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover cash back quarter question

Hi all, I aplogize if this has been asked before but I was recently talking to a co woker about discover cash back quarter and I was just wanted to see if what he said was correct or not.

The newest 5% quarter starts on October 1 for the clothing stores and my next statement doesnt end until October 18, if I happen to buy something past October 1st, will it count toward the 5% cash back or no since its still in Septembers statement? There's a few new shoes I would like to buy for work and I was going to wait until after the 18th to buy them but if I could get them earlier and still count that would be even better. I would just hate to buy them on the 1st and realize that it doesn't kick in for me until the 18th.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Discover cash back quarter question

It starts on October 1st. Your statement date doesn't change anything. The rewards quarter runs Oct 1 - Dec 31. To have it depending on your statement date would be far too confusing.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

It starts on October 1st. Your statement date doesn't change anything. The rewards quarter runs Oct 1 - Dec 31. To have it depending on your statement date would be far too confusing.

Right, What KDM said. All of us have different statement dates ( mine is the 6th) no way would Discover want to track this. I also happened to have opened my  card mid cycle and asked the same question when I was on the phone with the CSR. Start of the month to end of the month or everybody.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Thank you so much!! I kinda what I figured but I just had to make sure

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Don't overlook the terms for any offer as they detail such matters (emphasis added).

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cashback-bonus/cashback-calendar.html

PROGRAM DETAILS
*Sign up to earn 5% Cashback Bonus on up to $1,500 in combined purchases made at Amazon.com, department stores and clothing stores from 10/1/15 (or the date on which you sign up, whichever is later) through 12/31/15. Amazon.com purchases include those made through the Amazon.com checkout, including digital downloads, Amazon.com gift cards, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Local Deals, Amazon Prime subscriptions and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com's marketplace. Department stores are defined as retailers selling a wide variety of merchandise, with separate checkout counters in each department. Clothing stores are defined as retailers whose primary line of business is selling clothing for men, women, and children. Purchases made at warehouse clubs, wholesale distributors and discount stores are not eligible. Purchases made using tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology may not be eligible. Rewards are added to your Cashback Bonus account within two billing periods. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for more information about your rewards.

If your statement date was relevant it would definitely be mentioned in the terms.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.