Did you mean: 

Discover cashback increments requirement gone

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover cashback increments requirement gone

@saaws wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

I never realized this was a thing, as far as I can remember I've been able to redeem with less than $50. Only been a member for a few months.

I assume you have Discover IT. Maybe Discover did away with minimum on IT, and decided to expand the relaxed requirement to other members with MORE card...

Well i have the IT card too (3 mos old) and when i tried last week it said no go for me, lemme try again and see what happens. 

Edit: well what do you know, this time i was able to redeem my $25 in statement credit no problem Smiley Happy

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well! It's about darn time!

Message 12 of 36
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Message 13 of 36
selena
Contributor

Finally. I had even considered closing my Discover IT because I didn't utilize it enough to earn over $50 to redeem but now that's not an issue. Smiley Happy

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 14 of 36
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Awesome news! I usually have to wait a long time in between redeeming with them. 

Message 15 of 36
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Just checked their iPad app. Still says minimum $50 for either statement credit or direct deposit. 

Message 16 of 36
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I think I may be partially responsible for this change. A couple of months ago, I wrote on Discover's Facebook page. I asked them remove the minimum redemption amount, so that I didn't have to wait several months to redeem my cashback bonus. I told them that Chase lets you redeem after $20 and that Capital One does not have a minimum redemption amount. If this is true, then Discover is awesome for listening to me.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 17 of 36
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

I just logged in to my Discover account and yes, it would let me redeem $28.33 as statement credit! Awesome! Thanks for sharing....I wouldn't have known and waited for several months for it to get to $50. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 18 of 36
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

Just checked their iPad app. Still says minimum $50 for either statement credit or direct deposit. 

Same for Android; I'm guessing they just need to update the apps.  The website now explicitly says that "you need at least a penny to redeem."  I'm pretty stoked.

Message 19 of 36
MrFlower
New Contributor

LOL..

I redeened $50 on Friday when the limit was still in place... Just went and redemed my remaining $30...

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.