Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover cc

tag
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Discover cc

Logged in my account and got a message that my discover more Cc been switched to discover it. I did not request the change! What's up discover...Hah!😯
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover cc

Did they Discover you were a better fit for the other card?  If you fail to pay for your new card will they Discover you missed a payment?  When they knock on your door will they Discover you are not at home?  Good thing your Discover(ed) It!

Message 2 of 19
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@creditcontractor.....For your Info I have A1 credit with discover... And yes, your probably correct I am a better fit for the discover it Cc. 😃
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call CS to see if you can switch it back. That's only if you don't want the IT.
Message 4 of 19
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:
@Anonymous.....For your Info I have A1 credit with discover... And yes, your probably correct I am a better fit for the discover it Cc. 😃

Weird. I have a Discover it (which was I PC'd from a Discover More a few years ago, when I realized I was only getting .25% on the first $3k of spend every year), and they sent me a message saying that my Discover it was upgraded to a...Discover it! 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would you rather have the Discover More over the Discover IT? 

Both cards offer 5% back on rotating categories, but the IT gives you a full 1% back on all other purchases, whereas you have to reach a spending threshold on the More before you can get it. 

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was another user about a month ago who reported the same thing. Logged in and found their More card had been switch to the IT. They also said they got the bonus offer that is usually reserved for new cardholders. I wonder if they're switching all More card holders over or just select ones? They haven't switched me over yet.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same email over the weekend except I have a discover secured that's only 3 months old. I called and the csr says that there has not been any changes to my acct. the email also stated I would get a new card in the next 2-3 business days so I guess I'll find out what if anything actually happened by the end of the week
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been expecting this for a while; Discover has been trying to encourage people to switch for a couple of years now.  Last June, when a small window was open for existing cardholders to sign up for double cashback for a year, they required me to convert my More to an It in order to sign up for the doubling.  Like other posters have pointed out, there's really not a downside to the conversion, except that AFAIK you can only have one It account, so having your More converted to an It might prevent you from signing up for a new It card with a new first year double-cash promo (or whatever new It card promo Discover happens to be running).

I'm interested to see what happens to my wife's account; she has a Discover More card, but she also has a Discover It.  Will they convert her More to an It and she'll have two It cards?  Will they convert her More to an it Miles (and if so, will she get the first year doubling)?  Or will her More stay a More?

Chris.

Message 9 of 19
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Iheartwings this is exactly what discover did they sent me the exact message!
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.