Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover cli snag?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover cli snag?

I opened my Discover in December of 2015. It started with an 800 limit which then was increased by them to 1300 2 months later. I've subsequently received a $500 increase every 90 (by my request)...until now. I got slapped with the "not enough time at current limit" on my now 100th day since my last increase. Nothing has really changed with my scores or report. They're happily steady in the mid 7's now as I wait for my accounts to age. My usage has been kinda minimal lately. Could that be why it stopped? Any ideas or suggestions?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover cli snag?

No real reason besides being Discover. Theyve had some issues with secured cards and their cli's recently which some will say is still broken. Been a recent surge in people defaulting on their ccs so that may have an affect on them tightening the wallets but i just think its Disco being mysterious as always. Ke4p trying eventually youll get itSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know all of that was going on. I realize I've been fairly fortunate to have had the increases I've had. It's just my credit has significantly improved since I got their card, I was hoping at some point to get something substantial. Thanks for the info!
Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey me too. Ive had my card since October, and thankfully have gotten 2 $500 increases. Not those biggies we dream of but something. Seems im on the 90 day schedule but one never knows. Discover is funny in that you could spend thousands and get zilch while someone who Netflix it could get thousandsSmiley Wink Flipping a coin shows which way it could go lolSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Yeah, it's not you, it's Disco.

2015 - 3/29/2017 seemd to roll along nicely with timed button pushing with positive results....then they fixed an issue 3/29 and it came to a screaching halt.  Some have had some luck since the "fix" and most have not.  I have a feeling the clock reset when they applied the changes and/or they implemented some more stringent UW due to some losses jumping up a bit for the last quarter or two.

I was regularly getting a bump every other month and technically since the fix was applied it will be the normal 2 month period between request since I did try 5/1 just to see if it was a glitch but that was only a month since the changes.  Just give them some time to work out the kinks and hopefully it will go back to normal or better.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.