Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover cli

tag
sk8rmom56
Established Member

Discover cli

Was checking an online payment this afternoon and saw that I got a cli from Discover, a nice little $350 increase. Started at 1k. Have had this card for only three months so I wasn't expecting anything for a while. Yipee for me! I am trying my very best to sit on all the cards I have for a while and let them just mature a bit. Hope everyone else gets some good news too.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Discover cli

I am SO hoping I get one of those when my 3rd statement cuts tonight... it will quell the app-beast for awhile.  Congrats!

-SM

In fact, I've been dreaming about it.  I'm sick, I know.

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@sk8rmom56 wrote:

Was checking an online payment this afternoon and saw that I got a cli from Discover, a nice little $350 increase. Started at 1k. Have had this card for only three months so I wasn't expecting anything for a while. Yipee for me! I am trying my very best to sit on all the cards I have for a while and let them just mature a bit. Hope everyone else gets some good news too.

Congrats!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Nice to get a CLI after such a short time. Congrats!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great news! Which Discover card do you have? I'm holding off on any new apps right now but Discover More is high up there on my list!

Message 5 of 10
lithium78
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!  They did the same thing for me at 3 months and then increased it another $350 to $1700 at six months.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy when i start they did the same but i am thinking calling auto see if hard of soft ??

>
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I logged into my account today and noticed a $600 increase to take my CL to $3600. 

Took 8 months for them to increase me.  Probably because I've been taking advantage of the 15 months 0% interest and using half my CL.

Message 8 of 10
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!! I just got approved and its good to hear they give cli's. Anyone willing to provide tips on how you used the card...what was your utilization etc...that may help me qualify for one too when they review my account. I hear they like to see usage...then I heard they really like those who take advantage of the 5% deals etc...
Slowly building....
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TeeandDee wrote:
Congratulations!! I just got approved and its good to hear they give cli's. Anyone willing to provide tips on how you used the card...what was your utilization etc...that may help me qualify for one too when they review my account. I hear they like to see usage...then I heard they really like those who take advantage of the 5% deals etc...

Like I said, my util was at 50% when they gave me the increase.  I was at 75% when I first obtained the card due to a balance transfer to take advantage of the 0% and had been paying minimums since.  I do use for the 5% categories and it's really great that you can use the cashback directly at Amazon as you checkout.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.