Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover data anyone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover data anyone?

Can I get some anecdotes about Discover CLIs and the "2 day" response?

In my experience, whenever I get the 2 day message after pressing the CLI button, I've gotten an increase. Nothing over the top... $500 or $1500.

I just got a $1500 CLI 2 weeks ago. For some reason, I hit it again tonight and got the 2 day message again.

I know a 2 day is usually a manual review, but what triggers a 2 day response rather than an instant CLI or denial (3-5 via mail)? What's your experience with the 2 day message? Did you get an approval or a denial?

I know that Discover CLIs are working differently for everyone at this point in the game.. some are every 91 days, some 61, some 31, some not at all. But if my 2 day review comes back with a CLI, that'll be significantly shorter.. closer to the 16-17 day mark.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover data anyone?

Log back in a couple of days later and POOF in may be there. My experience. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me the two day message has usually been a denial. Not with my last one though. Got the message in the morning, checked late afternoon and found a fat CLI.

Message 3 of 11
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In my experience, whenever I get the 2 day message after pressing the CLI button, I've gotten an increase. Nothing over the top... $500 or $1500.

I just got a $1500 CLI 2 weeks ago. For some reason, I hit it again tonight and got the 2 day message again.

I know a 2 day is usually a manual review, but what triggers a 2 day response rather than an instant CLI or denial (3-5 via mail)? What's your experience with the 2 day message? Did you get an approval or a denial?

I know that Discover CLIs are working differently for everyone at this point in the game.. some are every 91 days, some 61, some 31, some not at all. But if my 2 day review comes back with a CLI, that'll be significantly shorter.. closer to the 16-17 day mark.

I would say not always. I've found my increases were between days 45 and 60. Usually, I'd start around day 45 and get the 2 day response. Every couple days I'd check back, re-enter my info and get the message. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Eventually, a CLI will show up. Have done it up to 4 or 5 times before I've gotten an increase. 

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so my heart is breaking. 2 day messages seem to often be a denial. I haven't experienced that, but I haven't pushed for a CLI earlier than 30 days or so.

Whenever I got denials, they were flat out "We can't increase your limit at this time. We'll mail the reason to you in 3-5 days."

I was kind of hoping for a repeat of the Discover gravy train.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a stack of denial letters from 2 day message.  I rode the train for a while then basically would just hammer the button.  I would get 2 day message and then wait for that message to disappear and then hit it again.  They sent paper denials for 'lack of experience at current level'.  One of my later large increases was a 2 day message followed by logging in later than day or next day and seeing the jump.  I think one of my other later big jumps was an on the spot approval but I don't remember for sure.

Plenty of others on here have gotten approvals off the 2 day message though so don't lose hope if you see one.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i clicked the luv button on the 19th, fri and have been anxiously waiting for an increase to show up. well it seems like it's not happening this time. :/

if denied, do you get an email (first)???? then followed by snail mail denial letter???? 

Message 7 of 11
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2 day mesage has been good for me. I normally get 2 day messages and has always turned out to be an approval. The past 2 two day message I had to call in because they wanted to talk to me. The very last 2 day message I also had to call in and submit a proof of income because I was past the $50k expsoure with them. 

I'm guessing it depends on your overall profile how the message turns out. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i clicked the luv button on the 19th, fri and have been anxiously waiting for an increase to show up. well it seems like it's not happening this time. :/

if denied, do you get an email (first)???? then followed by snail mail denial letter???? 

I've never gotten an eMail denial, only snail mail.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last couple requests I did resulted in the "2 day message" and were followed by a generous increase within the hour. I don't think the 2 day message has much value other than maybe a disclaimer of sorts.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.