Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover deals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover deals

Can anyone confirm that you can still click through the Discover portal and use another card besides a discover and still get the cashback?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover deals

I haven't tried it yet. But I thought I read that they do require you to use Discover. I could be wrong. Correct me.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone confirm that you can still click through the Discover portal and use another card besides a discover and still get the cashback?

Discover frowns on the practice and I have read some stories about AA after doing this so do at your own risk.

You may or may not get the cash back if you don't use a Discover card.  And it's not really like you can ask Discover to credit it if it doesn't show up because the clickthru pages specifically state to use your Discover at check out.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, let me explain what happened.

I had clicked through the portal into the Apple store looking for a Macbook. I closed out the browser and went about my way. When I was actually ready to purchase, I opened my browser back up and applied for the Barclays Apple card. Got approved for the card and completed my purchse. Went and picked up my new Macbook.

3 or 4 days later I get this email:

Untitled.png

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't do it intentionally, but it would be nice if I get it.

Message 5 of 12
Aarvard
Established Contributor

I accidentally did it before. Bought an iPad with my Amex card but ended up getting Discover cash back. Told them straight away and they didn't bother moving a finger.
03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aarvard wrote:
I accidentally did it before. Bought an iPad with my Amex card but ended up getting Discover cash back. Told them straight away and they didn't bother moving a finger.

You still got your cashback?

Message 7 of 12
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I can't confirm that. What I CAN tell you is if a Discover Deals bonus is missing (or you think it's missing), the first thing Discover will want to see is that purchase posted on your Discover card. I have recovered 2 rewards this way, and on both instances when I called they politely put me on hold while they located the transaction on my account.

Message 8 of 12
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

You still got your cashback?

Yes. But I haven't touched them since Smiley Very Happy

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 9 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

It's a good win for the company if the CCC can avoid paying rewards because you used the wrong card.   They still get the referral fee from the store, which now they keep.  But they probably only look when a user calls, otherwise the process is somewhat automatic.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.