cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover didn't update my CRs last month... Why?

tag
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Discover didn't update my CRs last month... Why?

My Discover statement cuts on the 17th.  My November statement had a $0 balance.  In December, I got a CLI from $1000 to $2000, and I had a balance of about $1600 when my statement cut.  However, on all 3 of my CRs, my Discover is still showing my November info.  I've had Discover fail to update before (e.g. when I had a zero balance for months on end), but never for a month where I had a balance.  Has anyone else had a similar experience? If my CRs don't update after my January statement cuts, I think I'll give Discover a call.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover didn't update my CRs last month... Why?

Yup thats Discover for you, they report when they feel like it

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 8
YahComb
Established Contributor

Discover likes to skip updating for 1 statement when you get a cli
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 3 of 8
KS13
Established Member

Yeah have the same issue. 

they increased my credit limit about two months ago, but the credit report is still showing old credit limit. 

Message 4 of 8
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@YahComb wrote:
Discover likes to skip updating for 1 statement when you get a cli

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Every time I get a cli, Discover takes a statement cycle off in reporting.

Message 5 of 8
andre181
Established Contributor

Everytime I get a CLI from Discover, they don't report that month. Not sure why, but I've gotten used to it.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 6 of 8
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Interesting! Come to think of it, the last time they skipped a month coincided with my last CLI. Good to know! And I'll be sure to have a zero balance reporting the next time I request a CLI from Discover.
Message 7 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think it's a good thing ... They prob feel, that you as a creditworthy customer, aren't very risky... Think about the affect and timing of reporting... I know when all of my accts typically report, and so I plan my credit use accordingly... Of course, they could be being unpredictable for that reason haha! Discover hasn't mis-cycle reported on me at all.. And they took MONTHS to report. I didnt even owe them a payment the first two months I had an 800$ balance haha!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.